A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,914
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Double knitting knitalong!  (Read 35493 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bekahzzz

www.sew-knit.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007 07:54:06 AM »

I finished a double knitting star scarf not too long ago. I taught myself to knit and can do both english and continental, so holding a color in each hand wasn't too hard for me. I thought it was the easiest way too. I usually knit continental, just becuase its faster and my hands get less crampy.

I know there are online tutorials for holdeing both in the right or left hand at www.knittinghelp.com. Thought that might help...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007 08:41:37 AM by bekahzzz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sew-knit.blogspot.com

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/bekahzzz

I'm interested in personal swaps!!
inle_rah
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007 08:12:40 AM »

I originally learned to knit English, and then taught myself continental, and I do both, depending on what I am working on.  However, when I was working on this, I was knitting continental, with both strands of yarn in one hand.  I didn't drop the color I wasn't using, I just made sure to only grab the yarn I wanted for each stitch, and the other color was just carried along.  I don't know if that makes any sense, but it was going pretty well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
tamagotchi
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007 09:04:13 PM »

I know there are online tutorials for holdeing both in the right or left hand at www.knittinghelp.com. Thought that might help...

yeah, I originally tried using the hold she shows in the video, but my tension was getting all wonky.  finally I settled on something between my usual hold and hers, which seems to work pretty well.

if anyone's interested: the MC goes behind my index finger and is wrapped twice, the CC is the same on my middle finger.  then I tuck the trailing ends behind my pinky to hold them in place.  I use my thumb to kind of guide them into place as I knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007 04:46:08 PM »

I want to join! but I have a list of things to do! Will you be here for a bit? I want to knit the star scaft and the skull one, plus I already have some other ideas! LOL Cheesy I love being inspired on this site! I have a few questions.......what yarn are you using? Reccomendd in the Knitty pattern or something else, does it matter in double knitting as long as (I assume) both types are the same? If I am going to go through my stash I need to know......... before I have to break down and order some yarn! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
knittyknitter

Help!!! There are UFO's everywhere in my room!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007 10:05:06 PM »

Mkay here's a rough idea of what I have right now. Sorry it isn't a full view and the picture isn't incredible.. I was lazy so I used my phone and my desk Cheesy
It's about 40" long and I'm aiming for at least 60" or so.. So much for the Christmas idea... Haha. Oh and neekie, I also hold the yarn the english way and can't wrap the yarn around and keep an even tention to save my life, so I feel your pain Grin
Oh my gosh, that's awesome!!!!! I wish I could do that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
>>Blog: www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com 
>>Ravelry ID: Knittyknitter
>>Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652480628149920/#
>>KUAS Podcasts: http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingupastorm
bespectacled
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007 10:53:27 PM »

Thanks knittyknitter Grin
Um as for yarn and stuff (I wasn't too sure who you're asking Silver Ilix, but I figured hey, I'll answer haha) I'm using some Red Heart Baby Yarn and the Simply Soft Sport weight maybe? I'm not too sure. One's a tiny bit thicker than the other, but it's not a problem. I am using the reccommended needles though, so it makes a dense but soft and warm fabric Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
tamagotchi
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007 01:29:28 PM »

woohoo, I finished my scarf!  I'll ask my sister to take some action shots for me so I can show it off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007 01:44:45 PM »

^That's fast! How long is the finished scarf? Mine's about 30 inch right now, and I'm aiming for 60.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beaniepup
dorkcraft.

i like this game.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007 02:48:30 PM »

Wow!  Good job!  I'm still working on mine... I have knitting ADD and have forgotten about it for a week or so.  I need to get back on it but my mom kind of deserves her in-progress scarf first. =P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cranberry
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007 03:14:33 PM »

Heh, I'm doing this method too, but I've had to rip it back. Good method, but it sucks to be me right now.

I'm doing the Hoover Blanket from knitty. The pattern can be seen here http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall03/PATThoover.html. I started with the colour, but now I'm just doing it in stripes.

I have assignments due, and I have to put it aside for the next two days, and then it's on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Most Thorough Pedicure of Your Life
Beauty Secrets from Around the World
Know When to Toss Your Old Makeup
Can You Plump Your Lips With Hawaiian Punch?
Does Whitening Your Teeth With Strawberries Really Work?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...