A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,526
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The New Years Eve Necklace that wouldn't happen  (Read 1267 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

winter83
« on: January 01, 2007 11:01:17 PM »

So when I was in ceramic class this semester I made some gold beads that were kinda lumpy but still looked alright. I'd been saving them until I could think of the perfect use for them so yesterday I was thinking I would make on of those long necklace that you rap around your neck a couple of times. They are really popular around here now. I though this would be the perfect use for my handmade beads and I just happend to have the perfect smaller seed beads to go with it. So I made it really long because I wanted to rap it a few times. When I finished it was perfect! I was so happy. So I put it on and then I was like I could probably wear this as a bracelet too....so I rapped it around my wrist a bunch of times then when I went to take it off it got tangled and really tight around my wrist and I couldn't get it off at all so I had to break it to get it off and untangled.  I was like okay I have enough time to fix it so I did and it was shorter but good. So I got dressed and it matched my outfit perfectly and then I was looking for my shoes it go caught on something and broke all over and down my cleavage.  I wanted to cry. 

At 5 in the morning when I was changing to go to bed I had a bra full of beads and it made me sad again.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Digsy LaRaspberry

Voracious eater of music

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007 05:51:05 PM »

Awwww!

That's so depressing. Necklaces have a knack of breaking when it'll make you the most mad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gwynevere
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007 01:32:23 PM »

I had that problem once, beads down the cleavage I mean. And in a nice trail all around the house (I walked around for a while before I realized it was broken). It was the oddest sensation to have a bead fall down my back... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amie.v
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007 02:39:22 PM »

I dont know how big the hole was in the beads, but if you used thin elastic then i would suggest yarn or cotton, If there wasnt a clasp on the back i think that would have helped in those *tangled* situwations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkpoodle230
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007 08:34:09 PM »

Uhhg this happened to me near christmas, i made this cute jingle bell necklass with like a MILLION sead beads, yeah, it snapped, in a store, and here we have it tons of beads coming out from my shirt. All day when i was walking around they just kept coming out of me, very odd indeed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
winter83
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007 08:55:14 PM »

oh thats a bummer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
For a Winter Weeknight: Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
How to Make The Fluffiest Pancakes
What Does Dallas Taste Like?
How to Make Gourmet Burger with Fried Fennel and Lemon Aioli Sauce
Homemade Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...