A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,174
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project Stitchalong 2007  (Read 22166 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cirobi
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2007 05:54:33 PM »

yea, that sounds like a good idea actually.  though, what i usually do is make sure i stay within the area my hoop covers.  i dont use a hoop that's all that big so i can kind of section it off that way.  keeping the threads organized is the hardest part for me even with these paper thread holder things that came with the kit.  i have string everywhere at my computer desk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty" ~The Cruxshadows
Mienna
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2007 07:26:47 PM »

Hehehe, I'm not sure either, tbh. :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixing
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2007 04:40:40 PM »

oh geez, forget those thread cards that come with the kit - maybe it's me, but I could never keep those things straight.

Long ago I switched to "snack size" zip locks with the colors & symbols on cut up index cards in the baggie, then carry the whole mess in a larger zip-lock

there's a thread (harhar) in the questions forum about keeping needles of floss sorted, in projects where you use less than a length at a go it's worthwhile to have a holder with separate needles holding each color

anyway - good luck to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cirobi
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2007 06:57:52 PM »

that's actually an excellent idea.  right now the cards are working ok but are nowhere near ideal.  i should probably also get a nice lamp for my computer desk when i move in a few weeks so i can actually see the differences in some of the thread colors at this point.  =p  thanks for the suggestion on thread management!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty" ~The Cruxshadows
crossstitchpro
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2007 06:11:23 AM »

I finally have the most complicated part done on my large SAL. Here's a link to the latest pictures if anyone wants to look.

Lori
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011 07:38:35 PM by kittykill - Reason: Show image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My favorite website for personal reasons!

http://crossstitchpro.com
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2007 05:33:08 PM »

Okay, Here it is my first progress shot - finally!

Pathetic! I know!

Working on swaps has seemed to cut into my stitching time.  After, I finish the two that I'm in, I will not be joining any more until January!! I went through the pattern and blocked off fifteen different squares (one for each week till Christmas).  I'll let you know how that's going next month!  Grin Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cirobi
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2007 04:49:47 AM »

i feel your pain psmommy.  well, sorta.  my time hasn't been taken up by crafting unfortunately but instead it's been on keeping myself sane while finishing up details before i close on my new house at the end of this week.  i'm hoping to have a decent progress shot by the end of the month.  i have one extra weekend's worth from the last pic i posted, but i'm not sure i'll be able to find the cable to my camera at this point!  so many boxes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2007 05:59:13 PM »

I don't have much by way of progress, but here it is so far. I also wanted to ask how the back of y'alls work looks. Mine looks pretty nasty, I think, but I've never really looked at the back of anyone elses work, so I'm not sure.

I found the bottom row and the corner, woot!

The back of my work
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2007 07:45:15 AM »

Very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixing
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2007 05:00:42 PM »

lovely work everyone!

mine is coming along as well - i did end up sewing on a muslin border

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Rid of Dandruff
How to Wash Your Hair
How to Wash Your Hair Scientifically
How to Use Natural Hair Dye
How to Get a Great Haircut at the Barbershop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...