A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Springfield Area Craft Gatherings?  (Read 4423 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftNClutter
Formerly: shuffar

View Profile WWW
« on: December 31, 2006 09:18:57 AM »

I will be moving to the Springfield area in a couple weeks and was wondering if anyone knew of any craft gatherings that occur in the area.

Preferably knitting or general crafting.

I'll be jobless (until I can find a new job) and will only know my husband, so I'm hoping I can find a place to meet people (hopefully new friends!) and do something constructive.

I've been wanting to find something similar in my current area, but just didn't know where to start looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bottles caps? Please!

::blog:: - Craft 'N' Clutter
::wists:: - inspiration & desires
::Stalker?:: - That means you,
busybeastie

Death before whimsy!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007 07:57:54 PM »

I posted something about this a few months ago having relocated to Springfield not too long ago myself. I got no responses. I've looked around and the best I've found is a group of women who casually meet wed nights around 7 at Barnes N' Noble. I've thought about it a few times, but I've yet to join them.

Last night a few friends and I brought it up again and I think we're looking to start something official, just a little younger. We knit and crochet, and I sew. If you're interested you're welcome to join as soon as we get dates and times worked out. I'm thinking about relying on word of mouth and flyers to get it up and running since there don't seem to be too many Springfieldians on Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftNClutter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007 08:12:43 PM »

Sounds cool, let me know if you get something started. I did just see that group that meets at the B&N, may check it out once I get down there. But younger would be better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bottles caps? Please!

busybeastie

Death before whimsy!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007 07:16:37 PM »

Allright, after a few more discussions I think we've decided to call ourselves the Capitol City Craft Cartel. C4.

Meetings will be held Tuesday nights from 7-9.

We will meet in the Panera Located at the corner of Wabash and West White Oaks (Behind Barnes &Noble)

The first official meeting will be On Feb. 13th (possibly just in time to finish up last minute valentines gifts if you're like me and frequently find yourself stitching in the car on the way to the event).

I am hoping to get flyers up over the next few days so keep an eye out!.

If you are interested in joining Please tell your friends and then bring them with you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftNClutter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007 09:06:37 AM »

Cool, I'll be the on clutching a very girly, bright stocking looking around tentatively.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bottles caps? Please!

MercilessOne
MercilessOne

MercilessOne

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008 02:53:36 AM »

:O Welcome to Springfield ladies! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get something posted to this and I'm insanely jealous that I work on tuesday nights Sad Oh wells, anywho! I'm glad to see that there are more crafters in the area, I'm like the youngest crafting freak at work because I crochet, knit and sew..I'm a little crafty dynamo....seriously though I have the attention span of a gnat and have to do multiple crafts or I would go out of my mind. Though I've just learned to knit I'm actually trying my best to stick with this one project until I have it done.

I was talking with the ladies I work with, (I guess you could call them my crafty groupy) we have scrapbookers and crocheters and knitters all there. (I work at night for the cable company so yeah I have some free time after 11 most nights) But I was just thinking we all are crafty tons, and we've always got some project or another going and I think we all have that tote full of projects that we made just to make cause we could, am I right?

I don't know about you ladies, but I don't have any kids but I adore them I think they're fabulous, I just happen to have 28 nieces and nephews so I really don't need any of my own I can borrow them and take them back home and teach all of them to craft >.< (except the pain in the rear 16 year olds, they're too obsessive with cars) Anyway, yes I know I'm random and I get easily distracted.

The point of my rambling is this, I want to find some charity that we could do baby items or even toddler items like blankets, hats, scarfs, mittens that type of thing to put our crafty goodness to use for the wee tiny peoples who can use it most. I'm looking now for something that we can fit a variety of talents into and still get the job done. If you ladies have any thoughts or know of any charities that could use the help, Please! I beg of you let me know! I check craftster about 90000 times a day so I'm always around, so I will try to reply as quickly as possible. But I really want to get this rolling.

Thanks ladies!

Happy Crafting,
Mercy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008 01:57:02 PM »

I moved to the Springfield area a little over a year ago. I wanted to know if this is still going on as planned or whats up? I am also friendless and a Crafty McCrafterson. I Crochet, scrapbook, novice sewer, paint and anything else creative. Please let me know the info.

Brooke
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goodtimegirl
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008 06:35:50 PM »

Any Springfield-area crafters still around? I'm here and would love some crafting buddies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JenGoPop
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009 11:26:21 AM »

Hey there, what's the word on Springfield crafting?  I'd love to join if I could.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No more blog + no more facebook = more time for crafting!

I'm also JenGoPop at Ravelry.
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009 11:52:55 AM »

I'm game! If I can fit it into my busy schedule.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Foolproof Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Cinnamon-Apple Cake Recipe
Lighter Carrot Cake Parfait Recipe
Irish Buttermilk Scone Recipe
Lemon Meringue Tart Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...