A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I want to be a *real* craftster! (blue top and deer head) Photo-Heavy UPDATE p.2  (Read 3452 times)
Tags for this thread: deer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laterose
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006 08:54:38 AM »

Cute shirt!  It looks well crafted.

As far as the color goes, the bright red wall may be throwing your camera's auto white balance off.  It's a really cool looking wall, but your camera's probably just detecting a whole lot of red and getting confused by it.  Or the camera's working perfectly fine, but the red is throwing off our eyes and making the color appear different.  Anyway, you might want to find a nice boring white wall to photograph in front of.  :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloomyjewel
Queen of... uh..

Nernernerrrrr bugs in your hair :P

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006 09:31:19 AM »

I like it, I would wear it! Oh and,
ILOVEYOURHAIR.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spindle

sewing breaks stereotypes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006 09:41:37 AM »

How come no one has commented on the freakily awesome weird dear head thing / with hooves ? included . Did you make that ? dont get me wrong the shirt is cute and I also like the look of big messy  "frankenstine" stitches on some clothing too .... but man Im really really liking that dear thing ... gotta know more about it .. Also my old bed room was almost the same exact color .. did yours take like 7 coats of paint ? mine did .. then I had the bright Idea to blow black and red glitter onto the walls when the paint was still wet.... and it looked fantastic . BUT with one major draw back .... If you rubbed against the wall in any way even to stabalize yourself if you tripped or something it would TEAR YOUR FLESH RIGHT OFF  ouch ! pretty though ... oops sorry that went so far off subject .. great shirt !
heh, that's hilarious, i too like the dear thing and your shirt very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roonil Wazlib= Best nickname ever!!!
robotsxcanxlovextoo
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006 12:01:35 PM »

I love messy stitching. its awesome.
I love that shirt it looks so great on you!!! And not to mention...your room kicks serious butt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I too am strange and unusual...
thriftrat

"we just want to live, if anyone would let us."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007 01:18:59 AM »

ooohh! pretty shirt, pretty hair, pretty room Cheesy the cut is really flattering on you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'd rather be sewing.
SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007 01:58:06 AM »

i love those photos. Even if it wasn't abotu anythingin particular. ur so cute and ur hair reminds meof mine when i went thru the tryign to grow it out stage and the only i COULD do was rockstar it. And the deer thing is freakin hilarious, all your little indian knickknacks and your books and the red wall..

AND THE SHIRT

lol, do u have any close up of the shirt? I can't see the details very well. but anyway

you did great and KUDOS to you if you like the crazy stitching, u don't need anyone else's approval!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ginchen
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007 06:17:17 AM »

Veeeery cute shirt Smiley I like the broad straps very much.

and.. sorry I can't resist to mention it Smiley
YOUR ROOM ROCKS!!! especially the deer head is supercool!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ichigo_Luv

"changed my avatar!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007 06:34:19 PM »

*ditto*  all of the above including shirt+deer+hooves+room+color+camera+hair...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lola_In_Slacks
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007 01:56:37 AM »

I'm sorry about taking so long to post a reply. I really appreciate all the comments/compliments.

I'm glad you all like my room so much -- I'm actually pretty proud of it. The good thing about living in the middle of nowhere is that rent is dirt cheap. This photo was taken in my 500 square foot living room, which has 10 foot ceilings and is entirely this colour red. It took 3 days to paint. Yeesh. Nightmare... But now I can boast about it. Hee hee!

Rockiegirl: The pattern for this shirt is "Simplicity NewLook - 6562"   -  and  -  I've posted some closeups of the front and back, as requested:

The deer head is basically a fake taxidermy. It's moulded over a real taxidermy form, but just with felt and not, um... deer. I purchased it from my good friend Amalie Atkins who works as an artist here in Saskatoon. The show that this piece was from also featured a mounted bear head and a boar head, but it was mostly different animal masks.

She's probably one of my biggest inspirations for sewing, and if you guys are interested, (although it's not from the same show) I found a couple more of photos her art online HERE and HERE.  I also posted a shirt she custom-made for me last winter -- it's constructed out of super thick tensor bandages and old lady sweaters:

Thanks for looking!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovely tangerine
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007 05:09:02 PM »

It's so cute and simple! How do you get it off and on? Does it have a zipper anywhere? hah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn Hot Cross Buns on Violin
Learn to Play the G Major Scale in Violin
Keeping Elbow Still When Playing Violin
How it Felt to Butcher a 700 Pound Steer
Introduction to Vibrato on Violin
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...