A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 12/30/06 - Some New Features  (Read 10138 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2007 08:34:06 PM »

Yeah... I had added that as an option at one point but then when I upgraded the software it broke that and I haven't been able to figure out how to get it working again. I'll definitely keep it in mind though it I have a mental break through. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2007 08:49:13 PM »

While we are putting in wish lists...I'd love to see the 'show only replies with images' handy dandiness in the 'show the last posts by this person' in someone's profile... that would be gravy.
Thanks so much for all you do, Leah!  You rock our world!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

Good at everything...Great at nothing

i crafted a kid

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2007 09:20:58 PM »

Yeah... I had added that as an option at one point but then when I upgraded the software it broke that and I haven't been able to figure out how to get it working again. I'll definitely keep it in mind though it I have a mental break through. Wink

Thanks Leah!  You Rock!

I'd love to see the 'show only replies with images' handy dandiness in the 'show the last posts by this person' in someone's profile... that would be gravy.

Oh Yeah!  That WOULD be gravy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2007 05:02:56 AM »

Leah...

Let me start out by saying THANK YOU for all of the hard work you do to keep Craftster running smoothly.  I'd be lost without it.

While I LOVE the "Show all images in this topic" button, would it be possible to add a feature like this to the search area?  For example, if I were to type the word "marshmallow" in the search box, I would click on a button that would give me only IMAGES of MARSHMALLOWS, rather than threads with marshmallows. I hope that makes sense.

I think there was a feature like this some time ago, but it disappeared after a short while. If a feature like this is still possible, it would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks so much.

Carrie

Yeah, I think it was "Search Only Images" or something similar.  You can do the same thing manually, if you'd like though.  This is what I always do (I'll use your example)...

• Go to Advanced Search (the Search button embedded in the bar near the top of your screen)
  • Search for:  img marshmallows (or marshmallows img - the order doesn't matter since it's searching "Match all words")
  • Under Options, selection "Show results as messages"
  • Click Search

It might catch some posts that have marshmallows and a word with "img" within it, but the majority will be lots & lots of photos for ya,  Hope that helps! Smiley

PS - who knew we had a thread about a marshmallow launcher?? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

i crafted a kid

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2007 09:21:50 AM »

Leah...

Let me start out by saying THANK YOU for all of the hard work you do to keep Craftster running smoothly.  I'd be lost without it.

While I LOVE the "Show all images in this topic" button, would it be possible to add a feature like this to the search area?  For example, if I were to type the word "marshmallow" in the search box, I would click on a button that would give me only IMAGES of MARSHMALLOWS, rather than threads with marshmallows. I hope that makes sense.

I think there was a feature like this some time ago, but it disappeared after a short while. If a feature like this is still possible, it would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks so much.

Carrie

Yeah, I think it was "Search Only Images" or something similar.  You can do the same thing manually, if you'd like though.  This is what I always do (I'll use your example)...

• Go to Advanced Search (the Search button embedded in the bar near the top of your screen)
  • Search for:  img marshmallows (or marshmallows img - the order doesn't matter since it's searching "Match all words")
  • Under Options, selection "Show results as messages"
  • Click Search

It might catch some posts that have marshmallows and a word with "img" within it, but the majority will be lots & lots of photos for ya,  Hope that helps! Smiley

PS - who knew we had a thread about a marshmallow launcher?? Cheesy

Thanks for the tip.

BTW.  I have a marshmallow shooter.  Santa left it for me. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2007 12:36:43 PM »

You're welcome, Carrie!  That's hilarious that you have a shooter... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Bond Girl
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2007 09:06:29 PM »

While we are putting in wish lists...I'd love to see the 'show only replies with images' handy dandiness in the 'show the last posts by this person' in someone's profile... that would be gravy.
Thanks so much for all you do, Leah!  You rock our world!  Smiley

Oh yes that would be a great feature, so you can do a quick Craftster-stalk* and see what projects someone has made Wink

*stalking in a good way of course Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
craft-matic
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2007 08:29:07 AM »

...by entering img as a search term.  It seems to work really well for returning only posts with pictures. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Work is love made visible.
                            --Kahlil Gibran

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.           
                            --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
teraspawn
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2007 08:30:42 AM »

What a great little hack! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diosaperdida
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2007 08:47:46 AM »

There is also that nice little tab at the top of the post that says "show all images in this topic".
Would this be the same thing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ways To Wear White Pants
The Cutout Look Is Perfect For Spring
Head-to-Toe Fashions For Less Than $50
How To Wear Trendy Short Suits
2013 MTV Movie Awards: Red Carpet Fashion - Selena Gomez, Emma Watson
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...