A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 307,965
Currently Running With Scissors:
296 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 100
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: January Jamboree! - IYP5 Gallery  (Read 144805 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: January 27, 2007 12:53:27 PM »

Thanks for posting pics, MO!! You're right, the cat on the bag does look like one of those clocks, very cool. And you had no reason to be weary of sending the mirror Smiley.
Yeah, we did both get sick at the same time. I didn't use alkaseltzer though, maybe that's why it lingered so darn long with me? Wink

I'm glad to see you got wisted, MO. You deserve it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
KittyKurl
« Reply #411 on: January 27, 2007 12:59:32 PM »

Everything is so beautiful! I have to catch up on everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
Fabric Wists
Gomerriffic
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #412 on: January 27, 2007 01:19:55 PM »

I recieved my wonderful package! Dorkariffic, if you have pictures post them! I STILL need batteries for my camera. I'll try to post pics soon tho!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just trying to find me...
SewingLori
« Reply #413 on: January 27, 2007 01:31:59 PM »

AMY (piratecore) your package is amazing. I'll post pics monday. I am using a public computer. THanks thanks thanks. I am wearing the duck necklace now! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

piratecore
« Reply #414 on: January 27, 2007 10:26:54 PM »

3 different people complimented my polka dotted headband tonight!! Lori- you should market those suckers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkariffic

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 28, 2007 08:09:43 AM »

My goodness, I'm gone for a day and I half, and look how much I have to catch up on!
So many lovely packages!

Now that I'm home (and rested), I can upload pictures of my package from Gomerriffic, and inspire much wisting and jealousy. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do believe in the power of stuff..." - Sokka

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Dumbledore

Water Tribe Hufflepuff, married to an Earth Nation Ravenclaw.
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: January 28, 2007 10:02:41 AM »

very nice loot Smiley

Dorkarriffic, I can't wait to see what you got Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #417 on: January 28, 2007 10:45:10 AM »

I love the hipster bag!! I sure coud use one of those for flea marketing!

handmade pom pom makers?  ooo--I am jealous...I used playing cards, which bend and make uneven pompoms....what a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkariffic

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 28, 2007 11:06:49 AM »

I just realized that I don't have pictures of everything, so I'll post what I have now, and then add the other pictures to this post when I get them.

I was really amused when I came downstairs and saw my package, because the box Gomerriffic used to send it all in was a Frosted Mini-Wheats box. What amused me even more was the note on top when I opened it:

If you can't see it, it says "Great box, huh??"

She made me the most AMAZING BAG ever:

It's a black messenger-style bag with a big Golden Snitch on the flap - there's so much detail on the Snitch, it's fantastic. I'll try and see if I can get a good detail shot of it.
I got the package while I was packing to go to my boyfriend's house, so I immediately moved everything from my backpack into this bag.
Also in this picture, you can see the awesome tigerlily choker that she made me, which I put on immediately. It's fantastic, and I don't know how she knew to make it (I can't find it on my own wists! lol). Tigerlilies are my favorite flowers, ever. And it's on a pin, so I can take it off the choker and wear it as a corsage for the dance! Cheesy

The inside of the bag is fantastic, too: the lining is an awesome gold-and-black plaid (Hufflepuff colors! Yay!) and she made a fantastic appliqué for it - look familiar, anyone?  Grin The badger's scarf is made of a strip of the lining fabric!
And she sent me tea! *love!* Organic Mango Green tea, (which I brought to work with me yesterday, and it saved my sanity,) and Black Raspberry. I can't wait to try that one.

She also sent me a matching choker and bracelet set of beaded hemp, (which is just beautiful, and matches one of my favorite shirts perfectly,) a hemp choker that she bought for my boy, Tom, (he loves it!) and, cutest of all, a crocheted hedgehog and a mushroom for him to hide in. They're so well-made, and cute!
She said in her note that the hedgehog was in place of Capt. Jack Sparrow, since she couldn't send him to me. Cheesy So guess what I named my new hedgie?
When I saw the hedgehog, I cracked up. I had been on the phone with Tom when the box came in, and he said "Maybe someone sent you a hedgehog!" AND SHE DID!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007 02:58:53 PM by Dorkariffic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do believe in the power of stuff..." - Sokka

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Dumbledore

Water Tribe Hufflepuff, married to an Earth Nation Ravenclaw.
glittergirl94
« Reply #419 on: January 28, 2007 11:42:44 AM »

Here are the pictures I promised!  I've got a ton of them so I'll post a few here and then, if you'd like, go check out my flickr.  Again, thank you to my wonderful partner sewknitter!  She totally spoiled me!!!

Here's a group shot of everything, except the yarn.  That is in the box in the bottom corner.  22 lbs of crafty goodness!!!

The swap journal she made me!!!  It's perfect; I can add more pages and there is plenty of room for all the important information and pictures!

Here's the yarn and then two hand woven scarves she sent!  Aren't they beautiful!  What to make with all that yarn!

And the neatest retro/vintage four compartment tray!  I just love it because it's almost as old as me(I'm 29)!  And I've recently discovered a love for postcards; aren't these gorgeous!!!

There are more pictures of everything in my flickr account, just follow the link below.

Yay for sewknitter!!!  It's been a great dance!!!  Thank you so very very much!!! Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 100 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...