A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Deuces Wild Flower Pin Swap Pics  (Read 22002 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xmelinda
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2004 12:55:54 PM »

The crochet rose was SO easy!  I think I'm going to make more for everyone's xmas stocking this year.  I got the pattern from here:

http://www.lionbrand.com 

I can't figure out how to get a specific URL for the pattern, but click on Crochet Patterns under Free Patterns, and you'll see Rosette if you scroll down to the "Accessories" heading.

Mine turned out slightly different from the ones in the picture, I think because I used a bulky-ish yarn, and also because I tend to make big stitches anyway.  So the one I made turned out more 3-D and less flat, which I actually like better.  At first I worried that it was too big, but when I tried it on, it just had this lush decadent Mae West kind of effect, which I loved.  Try one!  I think it also seems like the kind of thing where the variations would be endless!

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
abbeychristine

Frankie says: Relax.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2004 01:16:14 PM »

Booglass and Simply, I'm glad you liked my flowers (and I'm glad they arrived in one piece!). I got mine from, hmmm, not sure of the screen-name, but her real name is Emily, and it's great! I love it! Thanks so much!!

Abbey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abbeychristine.etsy .com
PrettyKitty735
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2004 01:43:59 PM »

the top two flowers are from vonneguttermouth (the netty one is made from her New Years dress and the other it a crocheted) and the bottom one is from Highway16.

thank you both for the pins.  now i just have to figure out where to pin them all.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004 03:17:17 PM by PrettyKitty735 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
munzder
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2004 01:55:19 PM »

I got mine from Mosh and Abinka. They are beutiful! The one mosh sent is Pink with a green leaf, and little beads in the middle(I have no idea how she got the insy-wensy- itty-bitty tiny beads on there.) It is made out of felt. I am looking forward to wearing it with my Halloween costume.  The one from Abinka is a knitted, black one, with a gem bead thingy in the middle. I wore it to school Monday, and got tons of  compliments! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AnnaReilly

Part cat-woman, part cat-lady...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2004 10:04:04 PM »

I finally got to the post office and picked up a lovely pin from Spork. (It was the yellow one she pictured.) I love it! The picture doesn't do it justice.  Kiss Thanks Spork!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
~Scott Adams
Spork
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2004 09:23:19 AM »

Cheesy!

I'm so glad you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vonneguttermouth

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2004 09:41:33 AM »

I received a GORGEOUS pin from IndiaRomeo yesterday.  I will post a pic as soon as I can get Miss C to bring in her digi cam--I can't wait to show it off! 

(I'm currently wearing it and feel like such a babe!)

Thanks a ton, IndiaRomeo!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2004 10:09:20 AM »

Flower pins can liven up any outfit!  I have this shirt that I don't really hate enough to get rid of, but I don't like it all that much because it's kinda blah.  But I got lovely flower pins yesterday from Miss C!  Slap one o' those babies on, and instantly the shirt is cute and not blah!  Hooray!  I so prefer looking cute to looking blah  Cheesy  She generously sent THREE pins -- the pic does not do the resin one justice, but it's a rose made of clear resin with pink glitter (ooh, me like).  The one I'm wearing right now is the one that's kinda rust colored, which is lovely on my olive-green shirt.  I've gotten comments on it all day long, too.  I had an appt with my doctor earlier today, and even she commented.

Thanks for the helpful cute-i-fying, Miss C!

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
BeppyCat
I've never licked a spark plug.

www.beppycat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2004 11:45:25 AM »

I got mine yesterday from abinka!  Yay!  And it's so cute, I just love it.  My kitten keeps trying to eat the crocheted center, but its stayed together, so there's a good testament to her construction skills.

Here's a pic of it pinned to my backpack:
(notice the kitten on the edge yearning to chew the pretty flower?)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I don't look good in leggings.

http://beppycat.blogspot.com/
Lurkers and commentors welcome.
Lots of crocheting and sewing and knitting!  Pretty much my life for your consumption.
abinka
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2004 11:59:56 AM »

Wow that looks so different in the picture I barely recognized it! It looks cute though... FYI to those looking, the petals are brown felt with pink stitching around the edges, the inside is a pink knitted rosette, and yes it's totally huge... haha... next time I'll make it smaller. Glad you like it Beppycat, it was an experiment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Natural Light on Glamour Portrait
How to Change the Color of an Image
How to Work on a scenic photograph in Photoshop
How to Tidy Up Your Images in Photoshop
How to Create a gallery image Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...