A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: !HELP! I Need YOU * crazy looking face* boring to not boring!(results with pics)  (Read 894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eat_My_Shorts

Dont threaten me with love, baby."

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2006 08:34:05 AM »

Alright ladies I need your help!

I made this bag a while back and what can I say but bboorriinngg. I really am sad to say it but it is true.

Exibit A:

It's white so it can be died ( with colour not killed ) It is some kind of really soft fabric on the front and denim in the inside, BUt it is pleated on the front as you can see here:

I need your wonderful creative I deas about how to JAZZ this baby up! Any ideas would be so freakin' great you don't know. It has been sitting in my closet looking sad and I think it has potential. BUt my creative juices have tried and tried again but with no luck.

ANy comments would be superkalafragalisti c.

And 1 more pic because I had 3!.

Re: Thank you soo much you made my sad hobo bag HAPPY!!! I Took your advice and added lace to the bottom and then realized I had a coinpurse that  also was white with black trim ( wow cool is that?Huh??) so I attached it to the bag with fishing wire!

Results:

Thanks again!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2006 04:59:43 PM by Eat_My_Shorts » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tenille
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006 09:10:25 AM »

I love the bag like it is. Somtimes you just need that completely awsome plain bag to go with all of your other jazzed up stuff. I think it's great. I don't ahve the patience to make any bags more complicated than those of the tote ariety  Smiley .

As for ways to make it "jazzier" the way I would do it is to take scraps of fabric and put all kinds of different patches on the outside. If it's just going to be an everyday kind of bagthat would be cool. You could use old scraps with all kinds of designs/ words and whatnot. (hah! I just used "whatnot" in a sentence!) If it's gonna be a dress up the outfit kind of bag, I'd say try adding some kind of trim. You can do the strap and edges and even do some kind of nifty design on the bag itself. doesn't even have to be geometric or matching or anything. Just arrange whatever trie you want however it catches your eye. When you like it, its done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.b logspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
Eat_My_Shorts

Dont threaten me with love, baby."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006 09:33:01 AM »

OMG I am soooo lovin the lace idea! YOu are great * runs off screaming* I think that would be so cool. THank you my dear, you are fabulicious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006 02:09:07 PM »

I have just gotten a book on 3D flowers and thought of them immediately. Here is an example on this quilt.

www.travelingquilts hop.com/project/Mandarin_Rose.pdf

You can cut between the petals to make free standing applique.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Production Studio - Final Assembly and Tweaks in After Effects
Adobe Production Studio - Shortcuts for Creating Additional Lower Thirds
Adobe Production Studio - Adding Text to a Lower Third
Adobe Production Studio - Designing Elements with Photoshop
Adobe Production Studio - Exporting After Effects Files into Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...