A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vogue Knitting Woven Trellis Scarf  (Read 4218 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Amarillys
Will knit for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007 05:06:10 PM »

Yeah, with Knitpicks it can take a while, but I've also received some orders very quickly so you never know. I've never used Merino Style but I have a colour card and it looks quite soft.

I have about 25" done on the first little tube. It's the best project for when you're watching TV.

~Caroline~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laceypooh

I've looked at clouds from both sides now..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007 08:57:10 PM »

i got my yarn today!!  i love the color.  i got a little start on it between class and work, but just the first part, and then barely started one of the tubes.  and now i have to do homework, waah.  damn school and work!  but when i get some decent progress i will post!   happy knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to have fun. I want to shine like the sun. I want to be the one that you want to see. I want to knit you a sweater. I want to write you a love letter. I want to make you feel better. I want to make you feel free. --Joni Mitchell

http://laceyknitsandpearls.blogspot.com/
Amarillys
Will knit for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007 05:40:30 AM »

Woohoo! I'm glad there's someone else who's knitting this. I'm almost done with the first tube now. But I think I may not have enough yarn. It will take almost one ball to make the garter stitch border at the beginning as well as the first tube. I have four balls. I'll need one ball for the other garter stitch border + one tube so that leaves me two balls (+ some leftovers but not that much) for the four other tubes... Hmmm.

I think I'll go to my LYS and see if she has more, to be on the safe side. If I end up with too much, I can always make a matching hat!

~Caroline~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laceypooh

I've looked at clouds from both sides now..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007 11:02:03 PM »

woohoo! finished my first tube today.   this is soooo tedious.  it's going to be so pretty and warm though.  i want to knit some gloves and a hat to much, i need to find a hat pattern i like that would look good with it.  and just some basic gloves.  it'll be my first whole set.  yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to have fun. I want to shine like the sun. I want to be the one that you want to see. I want to knit you a sweater. I want to write you a love letter. I want to make you feel better. I want to make you feel free. --Joni Mitchell

http://laceyknitsandpearls.blogspot.com/
annabanana099
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007 10:35:52 PM »

I saw the vogue issue with the trellis scarf last year but didn't purchase it because I knew I wouldn't have a chance to get around to it. I regret that now because this is a project that I would like to do this Christmas. Do any of you know how I could get my hands on a copy or if the pattern is published anywhere else? I imagine that I could probably try to figure it out, but having the actual pattern would be ideal.

Also, what would be a good yarn to use for this project that would not pill? I want something relatively inexpensive because the scarf will take a lot of yarn, but I want to use something nice that will retain its form. Warm would be best, too, because I live in Chicago and it's starting to get cold. I was thinking about the Andean Silk yarn from knitpicks. Would this be an appropriate gauge for this project, and has anyone here worked with it and know how it holds up? It has 96 yards per ball, how many balls would this scarf take? If what you're using is working very well for you, I'd love to know what yarn it is. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Double Cinnamon Sugar Cookies Recipe
Salted Caramel & "Chocolate Chips" Recipe
Fudgy Pecan Brownie Recipe
Buttery Poached Pears With Whipped Mascarpone Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...