A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vogue Knitting Woven Trellis Scarf  (Read 4229 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vasetthi

Iron Goddess of Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007 09:22:35 PM »

Hey, I have a question for you all.  I'd like to block the scarf a little just to even out the stitches and soften up the yarn.  Do you think I should do this before or after I weave? 

I'm on the 6th tube!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You know, for kids.
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007 09:09:06 AM »

Hey, I have a question for you all.  I'd like to block the scarf a little just to even out the stitches and soften up the yarn.  Do you think I should do this before or after I weave? 

I'm on the 6th tube!
I'm guessing before, makes the most sense to me, at least
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
vasetthi

Iron Goddess of Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007 10:05:57 PM »

Ok, so no time for a real photo shoot, but it's done, and here it is!  I thought it was a little difficult post-weaving (starting the second garter end), but all in all, an easy knit.  Kind of boring, though...

How are yours coming?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You know, for kids.
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007 07:37:07 AM »

lookin' good
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
mrs_shartz
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007 09:44:55 AM »

That is a beautiful scarf. Can anyone tell me where I may be able to find the pattern, other than the magazine that is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nan-a
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007 07:25:24 AM »

I am happy to see that this scarf was enticing to others.  When the magazine arrived, I knew immediately that I wanted to knit this!  I chose the closest yarn, Lion Brand Wool Ease in turquoise color.  This may not have been the best choice of yarn as the scarf turned out to be stiffer than I wanted.  It looks great and while was a bore to knit, I enjoyed the weaving and finishing.  This is a great pattern and so innovative - why didn't I think of it.   
I am new to the website and haven't posted enough to allow me to post pictures.  I will post a picture of the finished scarf at some time.  Pictures of this scarf and other knitting projects are available on the blog www.nanasneedles.bl ogspot.com
Knit on - and thanks for letting me post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amarillys
Will knit for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007 06:42:56 AM »

I'm giving this thread a boost because I'm about to start this scarf. Who else wants to join? I will be using some dark gray Berroco Ultra Alpaca (very soft!).

I expect a very boring knit, but it will be so beautiful!

~Caroline~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laceypooh

I've looked at clouds from both sides now..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007 09:58:18 AM »

i REALLY want to knit this scarf this year!  i never got around to it last year, but it is just too gorgeous to pass up.  just gotta pick out my yarn and finish at least a couple of my WIPs.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to have fun. I want to shine like the sun. I want to be the one that you want to see. I want to knit you a sweater. I want to write you a love letter. I want to make you feel better. I want to make you feel free. --Joni Mitchell

http://laceyknitsandpearls.blogspot.com/
Amarillys
Will knit for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007 06:41:30 PM »

^^ Yay!

I started mine yesterday and I have about 15" of the first little tube done. If you decide to make it, I suggest you choose a yarn you LOVE. There's no way I'd have the patience to make this with a scratchy yarn Smiley

~Caroline~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laceypooh

I've looked at clouds from both sides now..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007 10:45:01 PM »

yay!  i just ordered my yarn.  i'm going to use knitpicks Merino Style in mint.  I'm way excited.  Except a little concerned because i just started reading comments about it pilling a lot.  But they color is gorgeous and exactly what I was looking for, something bold to go with my black and white herringbone wool coat.  I just hope it doesn't take ages to get my yarn, because the only time I've ever ordered from KP it seemd like it took awhile..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to have fun. I want to shine like the sun. I want to be the one that you want to see. I want to knit you a sweater. I want to write you a love letter. I want to make you feel better. I want to make you feel free. --Joni Mitchell

http://laceyknitsandpearls.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Retouch in Photoshop
How to Make Big Prints in Photoshop
Photoshop tutorial
How to Removing Objects in Photoshop
How to Create Fairy Portraits in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...