A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,722
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knifty Knitter Socks / Booties Knitalong  (Read 13308 times)
Tags for this thread: knitting_loom  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2007 01:28:41 PM »

did you make the ones from the begining of the thread? They look awesome! I have sopme green yarn that would amke some awesome socks!
How long did they take you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aura_reincarnation

Wiccan and loving it! www.mysticauras.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2007 02:28:59 PM »

did you make the ones from the begining of the thread? They look awesome! I have sopme green yarn that would amke some awesome socks!
How long did they take you?

Yes it is that pattern! TY very much! I am almost done with its mate! The one sock took me about 3-4 hours. But this is including watching tv and having to stop here and there with a hand cramp!  Wink If I didnt have to stop and I didnt watch tv I would say it would take me 2-3 1/2 hours to make the pair.

I cant wait to see them when you make them!

I now have an order from my mom for 2 pairs of them so she can wear them in the winter time! *giggle*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wiccan 4 life!
 www.mysticauras.etsy.com
KnitterDawn
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2007 03:01:56 PM »

Hi All:  I'm new to this forum, saw this knit along and I'm in!  I've been knitting off and on for about 3 years.  I've been searching for a forum like this one where I can ask all of my questions!  I'll let ya know how the bootie knittin goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2007 10:06:06 PM »

Hi All:  I'm new to this forum, saw this knit along and I'm in!  I've been knitting off and on for about 3 years.  I've been searching for a forum like this one where I can ask all of my questions!  I'll let ya know how the bootie knittin goes!

Welcome to Craftster!

Can't wait to see your booties!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
aura_reincarnation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2007 08:41:21 AM »

Well I got the second one daone yesterday but Forgot to post them in this thread. opps. Sad

Here they are!!!!

Im so happy that I did the second sock! Im one of those that finnishes the first thing then I dont do the other one for weeks/months. But not this time! I did both socks in less then 48 hours!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wiccan 4 life!
 www.mysticauras.etsy.com
KnitterDawn
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2007 10:15:32 AM »

Well, I completed one bootie in an evening!  And that was with having to rip out and start over at one point!  My youngest son and my husband each were appropriately impressed and placed orders for booties of their own, so I'll be busy.  The pattern is so easy and they knitted up easily once I got the hang of it!  Woo Hoo, something I can do while watching mindless TV!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snappity-snap
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2007 04:02:54 PM »

Wow, i can't believe how active this board has been while i've been gone! School is oer for a few months, so i can get back to my knitting finally! How has everyone been?

aura- i love love LOVE your socks! aah! they're so cool and bright~

i also love craftster's facelift!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
psmommy
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2007 10:13:49 AM »

Aura_reincarnation - I love your socks!!  They are so colorfull!!

After reading through this thread again, I realized I never posted the pic of my finished booties.  Undecided

So, here they are in all their glory:

The color's a little off due to the serious lack of light in my apartment (they're a deep purple not black), but you get the idea.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KnitterDawn
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2007 02:32:16 PM »

My camera is broken, so no pics yet, but I finished my booties!  They turned out nice, but a little big for me.  Maybe I didn't knit them tightly enough.  They are comfy though.  I passed the pattern on to my knitting partner in crime and she's going to try some too!  I think this is a great stash busting project! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aura_reincarnation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2007 04:04:48 PM »

Aura_reincarnation - I love your socks!!  They are so colorfull!!

After reading through this thread again, I realized I never posted the pic of my finished booties.  Undecided

So, here they are in all their glory:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q38/psmommy/booties001.jpg
The color's a little off due to the serious lack of light in my apartment (they're a deep purple not black), but you get the idea.  Cheesy

Thank you! I enjoyed making them!

I like yours too!!!
My next ones will be a solid color with something around the top of them! Wink

My camera is broken, so no pics yet, but I finished my booties!  They turned out nice, but a little big for me.  Maybe I didn't knit them tightly enough.  They are comfy though.  I passed the pattern on to my knitting partner in crime and she's going to try some too!  I think this is a great stash busting project! 

Mine are alittle big too. But I still like them! lol I think its because of the spacing of the bars and the fact that we are using 2 strands of yarn. Wink
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007 06:22:04 AM by jMi - Reason: Please do not quote images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wiccan 4 life!
 www.mysticauras.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Nigiri Sushi
How to Make Yellowtail Sushi
How to Make a Spicy Tuna Roll
How to Make a Salmon Roll
How to Make the Perfect Tempura With Tadashi Ono
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...