A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easy-to-make, Amazing Peppermint Bark  (Read 15238 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe , peppermint_bark  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snappity-snap
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007 08:20:55 PM »

that sounds interesting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
happycrafter23
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007 12:22:56 PM »

People always get so impressed when I make this ("You MADE this?Huh") when in fact, it's so easy. Sometimes I add some peppermint extract to the chocolate to ramp up the pep. flavor. 

One of my favorite variations is using chocolate mint chips as the base (Andes makes some) with crushed Oreos on top. Tastes like those thin mint Girl Scout cookies. Yum!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snappity-snap
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007 09:22:26 AM »

People always get so impressed when I make this ("You MADE this?Huh") when in fact, it's so easy. Sometimes I add some peppermint extract to the chocolate to ramp up the pep. flavor. 

One of my favorite variations is using chocolate mint chips as the base (Andes makes some) with crushed Oreos on top. Tastes like those thin mint Girl Scout cookies. Yum!!!

mmmm....sounds good
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
BethinAK
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007 10:43:48 AM »

my 2 year old and I made this this weekend and it was VERY easy - we did dark chocolate chips for the base and added peppermint extract for the top.  Came out lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ffancypantss
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007 07:41:18 AM »

ooooh you're killing me with this! it looks like it would be a great gift for the holidays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let there be songs to fill the air...

www.limabeads.etsy.com
Mrsblocko

It's not only sticious, it's SUPER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007 07:46:29 AM »

I have a dumb question.  If I make this with regular chocolate on the bottom should I let that chocolate set before i put the white chocolate on top?  Or will that just make the 2 chocolates separate?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skoo
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007 11:18:44 AM »

I made this for gift baskets last year, with the semisweet chocolate layer you described.  And I used starlight mints (the round ones) and found it quite yummy.  It looked really awesome in the baskets and everyone RAVED about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MDodson
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2007 04:22:44 PM »

I love peppermint bark, but my only suggestion for making it.. is to make it fairly thin. not too thin so that it breaks up into tiny pieces, but maybe just as thick as a candy cane is. otherwise the white chocolate or almond bark is overwhelming. I've come across that when I made it. otherwise it's delicious! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snappity-snap
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007 07:07:01 PM »

I have a dumb question.  If I make this with regular chocolate on the bottom should I let that chocolate set before i put the white chocolate on top?  Or will that just make the 2 chocolates separate?

yep, let 1 layer cool at a time. then add the next one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovefindslove
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2007 12:43:17 PM »

After reading this thread the other day I HAD to make some!
I did milk chocolate on the bottom, let it harden in the fridge, then added the white chocolate on top and THEN sprinkled it with tons of crushed up peppermint candy canes so it would be really colorful and pretty.
I'm taking it with me to a party tonight, I'll let ya know how it goes over. . .
Of course, I have already tried some and I think it is delicious!
Thanks so much for the recipe, I would have never thought it was so easy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Get Ready With Me: January 2016
Birchbox February 2016
Skincare Routine: Acne-Prone
Our Favorite Korean Beauty Products
Skincare Routine: Anti-Aging
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Skirt
Who? Who Loves Owls?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...