who knew that peppermint bark was so simple to make!!!
what you need:
cookie pan, mixing bowl, food processor,peppermint candy canes (the red and white striped ones, make sure they're peppermint flavored!), white chocolate chips, and a freezer. i didn't measure anything i just sort of winged it.
1. unwrap candy canes and crush in food processor (if you don't have a food processor you can use a freezer ziplock bag and a rock. just put the candy canes in the bag and smash!)
2. once the candy canes are crushed, put the white chocolate chips in a mixing bowl and microwave at 30 second increments, mixing in between making sure not to burn it until smooth and melted.
3. pour the crushed candy canes into the melted white chocolate and mix well.
4. after mixing, pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet, spreading the chocolate evenly making sure not too make it too thick. (1/4 of an inch is PERFECT) then put it in the freezer
5. 30 minutes to an hour later your bark should be good and hard.
6. take out the cookie sheet and use the edge of a knife to break the thick chocolate bar into bark-shaped pieces! (don't slice, just kind of stab around. lol.)
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED IN MAKING PEPPERMINT BARK!!!! WOO HOO! who knew it was so easy!?!
another thing you could do is make a layer of semi sweet chocolate (without candy cane bits), put it in the freezer, and then once it's hardened pour the white chocolate over that. that's the traditional way to make it.
here's some pics of my peppermint bark
let me know what you think! some feedback would be nice