A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,802
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How would you like to roll, lol  (Read 1578 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2006 09:09:44 PM »

I've been  making these and having so much fun with them.  I mean once people found out what they were, it was more aww, that is so cute.  I would love to sell these.  But, I do not know.  I mean they are so quick to make.  And I use the Whiplash (I think that is what it is called) stitch, lol. I use that because that way the stitch can be made on purpose and go with the design.

The last two pictures is when I was thinking of tissue and thought that be neat to get money out that way when I had first thought about doing this, but the others are my udpated verson to get money out quicker.

*Some are mine and others I made for others.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006 09:29:04 PM »

They are all felt, the one that is not made out of felt is the hairy one, let me tell you, it gets into your eyes, mouth, ears, and clothes, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006 09:42:56 PM »

They remind me of Sushi, even though I do not eat it, lol.  Anyway, this was my first one that I made, I did not post it with the others becuase I could not find it, but I just did find it in my Wal-mart folder where I have my pictures I need developed, lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
snappity-snap
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006 09:44:52 PM »

Smiley cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006 10:41:06 PM »

Thanks, I've been having the pictures on my computer forever, and I finally got to post them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancecrafter

the snack that smiles back...!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006 09:49:10 AM »

wow, cool idea. it took me forever to figure out what it was and how it worked. is it hard to get money in and out quickly?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006 01:36:32 PM »

The first two pictures, the heart and hairy one, it does not really take that long, it is just the tying it close after you roll it up, that takes the time really.  The others ones, that are like like getting tissue out, did take longer, that is why I updated it, because I mean it got the money out, but when you need a 5 instead of a 1, that was the problem with the tissue one, because you would have to dig to get to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tazzell
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006 02:28:07 PM »

Cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taz

'Life must be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards' - Soren Kierkegaard

My wists
http://www.wists.com/tazzell
My blog
http://cutitandpinit.blogspot.com/

Trends may come and go but I'll always be a crafter.
weberly
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007 10:13:31 PM »

wow, i really like that, for both aesthetic and practical reasons.  i don't even think i've seen one like that before, did you just think that up?  are you by any chance japanese?  you did mention sushi, and it just seems to have a japanese sensibility, which i love.  i would feel more secure rolling up my money and tying, and i hope you don't mind but i may just have to make myself one of these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007 10:36:44 PM »

No, I am not Japanese, but I do like how the culture is.  I am american, but just this summer I have found Korean/Japanese/Chinese Hip Hop/ R&B.  Which has nothing to do with my crafts, unless one of their videos or something inspires me to do something.  Thanks, for the comments.  I hope I made it up, but who knows who's idea is original these days.  I was falling sleep in my class, shame on me, lol, and I was like why not sewing and at my work when they had nothing for me to do.  So, what was I to do.  I've been wanting to sew, but I am better at the machine, then at hand. But, I was like why not the whiplash could be done on purpose for the design. Anyway, I was trying to think what can I sew that can be fast and quick while in class.  And I remembered my first thing I sewned on the sewing machine when I was learning was a tissue holder, and I was like wouldn't that be cool if you could get money out that way.  I tested it out for the day, I liked it, but when I had to get another bill, that is where the problem was.  So, I was like how could I get the same design, but the money out faster, I was like why not sew up all the sides except one of the long sides, and that way I can still roll it up and tie, and get my money out way easier.  Just typing this just gave me another updated version fo this.  I can not wait to try it out. But, go ahead and use it, I like the fact somebody is liking it and wants one of their own as well.  And they take only 30 minutes to an hour to do, just with felt.  Very easy.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007 10:40:22 PM by SoonFamo-Artiste » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Andrew Zolli Talks About Resilience
Torn Book Trailer
Mann and Ornstein on the Hazards of Partisanship
How to Make Money by Self Publishing
Howard Jacobson on the Importance of Comedy, Filth and Sex
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...