A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what craft would you re-do next year??  (Read 4164 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

catdaddytn
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007 12:12:16 PM »

anything fleece is great to repeat.  Scarves, blankets, etc. 

I need to complete my fleece projects ... well, first I need to completely figure out the project.

thanks.  catdaddytn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
danfreek22
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007 05:22:02 PM »

i'm definitely going to continue making my famous peppermint pinwheel cookies next year and i'm hoping to make some picture bracelets too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007 05:55:38 AM »

The thing that I'd probably skip next time would be the bracelets.  It is so hard to estimate the right size for different peoples' wrists and now I find myself with a pile of them to adjust (I offered to fit them to people after they opened them so that they could wear them!).  Next time, I'd probably just do necklaces and earrings.  

What about doing memory wire bracelets instead - that way they have some give and are more self adjusting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Polkaroo
Running with scissors since 1978

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007 12:19:36 PM »

I'll definitely be doing a couple more no-sew knotted fleece throws next year - but I'll start MUCH earlier.

I made one this year for my aunt and totally underestimated the amount of time it would take to tie knots on 2 yards of fleece!  I was still tying up the last few knots on Xmas Day. Tongue  However, my aunt's reaction was absolutely worth it.

Planning how many I want to make and what colours I want means I'll also be able to take advantage of the "buy 1, get 2 free" sales that happen every so often, which would be nice since the fleece was fairly pricey when I got around to buying it.

However, I'll skip the homemade gift bags (I made drawstring bags out of festive red and green fabrics).  Everyone seemed to busy pulling out the stuff inside to notice the wrapping. Sad   It would've been quicker and cheaper to go with dollar store gift bags, which is what I'll do next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mycupoftea
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007 05:19:31 PM »

Plucky 1_08: I absolutely love the wine charms - could you give me a tutorial on how to make them? I've never done the marble magnets, but I understand how to do them, but I don't understand how you attach the marble to the wires. This would be such a perfect gift for my brother and his wife.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrushfireFaeries
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007 07:06:30 PM »

What a good idea for a post!

I gave record bowls to a few friends this year, plus a mixed cd and set of coasters I made with mini-cds (the kind you put in cameras sometimes). Those gifts went over really well, so I'll be making record bowls for more next year!

Two years ago I made my four closest girlfriends stockings that looked like high-heeled boots in fun fabrics, complete with "laces" and fringe. I put silk-ish lining in them and filled with goodies. They absolutely loved them - just to throw the idea out there.

And I always give tons of cookies, fudge and chex mix. Always, always, always a hit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We do not know the true value of our moments until they have undergone the test of memory." -G. Duhamel
doeayes
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007 07:48:20 AM »

everyone knew who was my secret santa when the crafty stuff came out.  heck i don't have money to be doing some little stuff every dang day that i can't create from my own stash. 

i like the pipe cleaner candy canes they make great present toppers.

i am going to steal the mable wine tag idea!!!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

fun foam letters to i.d. pressies.  i liked it.  No one else did it, but they knew it was me.

i'm searching now for secret santa stuff now because i don't want to be rushing at the last minute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007 12:23:15 AM »

Cookie-mix-in-a-jar.  Everyone loves that stuff!

Also, some knitted scarves and purses.

Although, I'm also trying something new and gifting socks!  Never done that before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
Ashling
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007 12:40:16 AM »

I made ceramic scented oil warmers for all the women in the family last year.  Unfortunatly, one exploded in the kiln and I didn't have time to start over.  So I'm going to make one for the family friend who didn't get one.

I made wine charms for my father-in-law a few years ago, and they went over well.  I made them with pre-cut hoop earring wire and plastic beads I already owned.  The best part was the total cost was only $1.39 for the wire.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
WIND SQUID #3 - Space Battle!
WIND SQUID #4 - Massive Explosion
WIND SQUID #5 - Space Pirates!
Les Nabis: When Paintings Were Inspired By Photography
WIND SQUID #6 - Return to Sender!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...