A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Loom knitted projects - show off your creations  (Read 13376 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006 08:47:14 AM »

has anyone been able to figure out the tabi sock pattern shown here: http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer06/PATTlicketysplit.html ?

My friend referees water polo in the wintertime, and wears his flip flops over to the natitourium (sp) , and i thought this was a nifty thing to make for ihim, but i can't seem to create it on the KK.

Im assuming you are trying to figure out the toe seperation & not the back flap..........

I would work the whole sock as normal until you get to the toe, then start working 3/4 of the pegs in a back & forth & the other 1/4 (sorry I dont have my small loom to count number of pegs) in a seperate back & forth motion. Which will make a natural split then just stitch it up after you are done.

Can you tell I've been thinking of making some flip flop socks lately.

Thanks! When i get time, i'll have to try that and see what happens. what confused me was the knitting needle pattern has you starting with the toes, so that may have been what was keepin me hung up. thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
snappity-snap
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006 10:00:45 AM »

paulacham do you think you could post the pattern you used for your doggie sweater pleeeez!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
TrentSketch
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007 09:23:03 PM »

Finally got my Knifty Knitter to cooperate with me.  Here's a black and tan scarf I made for myself, modeled by the always lovely, enthusiastic, and not capable of killing a craftster Maverick.

and a face shot

The scarf is pretty long, if a bit uneven (I lost a stitch maybe six rows in and didn't realize until row forty and just said screw it).  Also, this is a flat panel scarf that is just curling on itself really badly (and it's acrylic yarn, so I'll try washing it tomorrow and see what happens).  My next project will be better, and I'll even try experimenting with more than just the e stitch.

Now if you'll excuse me, Maverick needs to be tucked into my bed before he gets cranky.  It is past his bedtime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mavans
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007 07:38:35 AM »

just finished my slipper socks from the knitalong

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martha
mavans
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007 04:40:46 PM »

finished my hat, but i'm not happy with it. I didn't have the yarn called for in the pattern, plus I wanted to use what I had. And I think that is why I don't like how it looks.

but here it is anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martha
snappity-snap
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007 04:42:57 PM »

wow that hat is a little like a beret Smiley i like it...if you don't like it, you could always frog it and start over...but that'd be a pain
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
mavans
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007 04:48:38 PM »

it was suppose to be a beret. but like I said, I think it was the yarn I used. b/c hte pattern looked alot better. KWIM?

I will probably frog it. b/c dd won't wear it. and it just looks too small to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martha
snappity-snap
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007 04:53:05 PM »

Undecided alright then. i hope it comes out better the second time Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mavans
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007 05:00:11 PM »

see I did another one months ago, using a different yarn. I liked it ok. but wasn't wild about it. so I was tryign to find one I like better.

here is the first one I made:

and one I made dd, but she won't wear it:

it was my first, but wouldn't fit me, so I played around for something bigger.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007 05:08:16 PM by mavans » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martha
snappity-snap
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007 05:02:26 PM »

paper?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chili Paprika Shrimp and Lime Rice Recipe
How to Make Crab Cakes
How to Make Potato Pancakes
Red Bean Succotash Recipe
How to Make Dinner with Only 5 Ingredients
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...