A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lexington Craftster  (Read 2658 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

paisley-sink

me and my pillar

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2007 06:22:26 PM »

Hi,
Just this past summer i had alot of fun with local craft fairs. I had a booth at woodland Christian Church Art fair, The Artist Market and Museum-Go-Round (which i will be to old to do next year unfortunately.) I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for some other craft booth type events in the Lexington region?
I am trying to plan ahead for the upcoming season, any tips, questions, or suggestions would be very appreciated!
thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cimeshadow
Life is a witch ~~ Then you fly

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008 05:48:19 PM »

you might keep your eye on craigs list. They will often post about small craft fairs looking for vendors
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Better_Mans_Wishlist

"I want you to trust me"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008 12:00:51 AM »

I can give you a few for Winchester and surrounding counties which isn't too far. These are coming up soon but there's always next year and it also gives you a chance to check it out to see if it's something you'd want to do. I don't know if some of these have booths you can rent but it's always worth a shot. I also don't know if any of them require specialized crafting like the Horse Fest.

-------------------
April   5 (Winchester)
Emmanuel Episcopal Church

Spring Craft Fair
10:00-4:00pm - Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 2410 W. Lexington Avenue - St. Joan's Guild will presetn a spring craft fair featuring crafts from throughout Kentucky including wood crafts, quilts, weaving, and other items. Baked goods will also be available. For more infomation please contact Cindy Bently at 745-3034 or the church.
744-4889    

-------------

May (Winchester)
25th - 18th Century Trade Fair

Fort Boonesborough State Park - Visit a social, polictical, and business gathering of merchants, traders, artisans, Native Americans, militia members, beggars, longhunters, scouts, and other characters, Listen to period music, visit camps and shop for 18th century goods as you compare life today to life 225 years ago. This event is free with paid admission to the Fort.  For more information call 859-527-3131.

--------------------

5/9/08 - 5/11/08
Memorial Park (Berea)

Berea International Festival    859-986-7584
Berea International Festival, Inc. - An American Melting Pot- invites you to participate in a colorful, family-friendly festival that will embrace the community diversity, share the hospitality and present a committed community to make this a successful event. Enjoy authentic arts & crafts, hands-on activities, international dance & music. This is a family event. No admission.

-------------

8/16/08 - 8/17/08 (Lexington)
Woodland Park    
American Founders Bank Woodland Arts Fair    

(859) 254-7024
Considered to be Lexington's largest free outdoor event. More than 150 artists and craftspersons selling unique, handcrafted items including ceramics, wood, jewelry, painting, metal, fiber, mixed media and photography. In addition to the art fair, there will be live entertainment, a family/children's project area and a variety of food vendors. Admission is free. Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

-----------------

10/2/08 - 10/5/08
Downtown Georgetown    

Festival of the Horse    (502) 863-5424
Exhibits, concessions, parades, carnival, arts and crafts, entertainment, horse farm tours and 5K Run. Times are to be announced.

----------------

10/4/08
Reed Valley Orchard    (I have no idea where this is)

Country Festival and Back Forty Nature Walk    (859)987-6480
Come and enjoy a day in the country, pick your own apples and pears (including Asian pears). Enjoy a walk along our beautiful nature trail, walk the old stagecoach road, visit campsite of Frank & Jesse James or venture out to the Back Forty. Visit the crafts & food booths from area craftsmen and vendors. Local musicians are a delight to listen to while you sip a fresh fruit slushie, indulge in ice cream made from our fruits and berries or try our homemade oven fried pies. Lots of fun can be found during your country visit. Come on down the valley and enjoy the fruits of life at Reed Valley Orchard! 10 am to 5:30 pm. <www.reedvalleyorchard.com>

-------------

10/11/08 - 10/12/08
Berea, Memorial Park    
Kentucky Guild of Artists and craftsmen Fall Fair    

(859) 986-2540
This fair is the perfect way to the newest work of Kentucky's finest artists and craftsmen. Enjoy artisan's demonstrations, exciting entertainment and tasty food. Hands on activities for all ages. Times and ticket prices are TBA. Call for more information.

--------
11/28/08 - 11/29/08
Lexington Center    
Kentucky Christmas craft & Gift Show    
(859) 806-7141

Jewelry, crafts, candles, clothing, purses, gifts and of course, Santa Claus. Times and Admission: TBA. Call for more information.

----------

1/29/08 - 11/30/08  (Lexington)
Keene Entertainment Center at Keeneland    
Keeneland Art Fair    

(859) 288-2925
Coming back for its ninth year, this event is the perfect place to find unique, one-of-a-kind holiday gifts for the person who has everything. This juried art fair will feature 90 of the region's best artists and craftsmen. Shoppers can expect to see the highest quality, handcrafted items including pottery, painting, metal works, glass works, weaving, and more. Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 p.m. to 5 p.m. Admission and parking is free.

-------------

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We are what we love, not what loves us."
- Charlie Kaufman, Adaptation
paisley-sink

me and my pillar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008 11:51:06 AM »

wow! thanks so much for the info! i will definitely be checking some of these out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

troll1984
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008 07:41:52 PM »

I used to live in Berea and they have craft fairs all the time. In October there's also Constitution Square Festival in Danville. That's pretty much all I know about.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashley's Wife, Austin and Allie's Mommy!

My Photography, My Blog, My Shop, My Wist
whimsy10510
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008 04:07:59 PM »

woodland arts fair is AWESOME. unfortunately it just ended, but tthere you have it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Turkey Sloppy Joe Recipe with a Twist
Grub Street Chicago: Table, Donkey and Stick Picks a Chef
Guy Fieri Defends Restaurant After Awful Review
How to Brine Turkey
How to Make Gravy
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...