A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,382
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Truffles: the perfect easy christmas gift  (Read 9649 times)
Tags for this thread: chocolate , candy , truffle , martha_stewart , stocking_stuffers  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BethinAK
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007 10:10:31 PM »

I'm sorry for not responding sooner - I'm trying to avoid the dessert section because it makes me hungry and I'm trying to diet.

Those look beautiful!! You have great presentation.  And the recipe makes them sound like even I could make them.  I can't bake to save my life.  Luckily, there is no baking involved.

I'm thinking my variations are going to be cayenne pepper truffles.  Love cayenne and chocolate.  Monk wants the mint ones (he loves chocolate mint).  I wonder if I could get them to stick to some coconut and make coconut truffles.  Or plain ones dipped in white chocolate with a dark chocolate drizzle. 

A side note:  we recently went to see anchorages new chocolate lounge.  Yes, you read right. We have a chocolate lounge.  They had the most interesting truffle recipes - one black pepper truffle with a bit of smoked salmon on top, or an anchovy one.  Blech.  But the drinking chocolate.  Oh heaven.  http://www.moderndwellers.com/chocolate.html

You know, I think the Monk and I need to make some truffles on Friday!  Thank you for posting the recipe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Weddy_in_Paris
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007 02:34:18 AM »

I'm going to try a earl grey tea truffles recipe for a party on saturday. I'll let you know about the result !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Weddy_in_Paris
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007 07:42:00 AM »

My Earl Grey tea truffles were pretty yummi. I posted the recipe (with translation in english) on my blog, if you are interested. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007 08:21:24 AM by Weddy_in_Paris » THIS ROCKS   Logged

x0xmanda
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007 07:53:31 AM »

*droool*
yum
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo!
Stars_For_Ellyn
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007 07:05:21 PM »

truffles are so easy to make Shocked
i made them in my culinary class a few days ago!!
they're almost a little too much for me, i might make them smaller next time.
i'm going to dip them in chocolate so they can have more of a harder shell coating so they wont melt as easily, would i just follow the grand manier directions, melting the dark chocolate and cream?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

:3
Odri
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2007 09:28:17 PM »

i'm going to dip them in chocolate so they can have more of a harder shell coating so they wont melt as easily, would i just follow the grand manier directions, melting the dark chocolate and cream?

Yes!  Wink Just follow the instructions for the grand marnier truffles.
One thing to watch out though is the amount of cream you add. The more you add, the more liquid the preparation is going to be so you should use very little.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007 05:31:19 PM by Odri » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sgr8hse
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007 11:09:43 AM »

I love making truffles and yours look delicious!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playinghooky
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007 07:53:13 PM »

This is such a great post!  I posted a holiday foodie/crafty recipe for lemon curd earlier today, and I've now decided that this Christmas, everyone on my list gets lemon curd and truffles.  Your explanation looks so simple and inspiring, I have all kinds of variations I want to make.  I love the tea infused ones too.  I had an incredible truffle that was infused with jasmine green tea.  It was spectacular. 

So, if I use your directions, and weddy-in-paris' earl gray directions, I think my friends and family will be very happy.  I also love what you did with your packaging.  It's so funny what we take for granted.  I would have put the two like-flavored truffles next to each other in the package.  The way you did it, flipping the flavors on the other side is such a beautiful presentation.  Thank you so much for taking the time to write this out.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For the love of all things scrumptious or crafty
http://figswithbri.com/
liasaun1
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007 10:27:59 PM »

I have a friend who used to cover the truffles in red and green sprinkles as well, as another decorating option!

Man, I always thought truffles were so complicated, but 2 ingredients? Wow. I'm totally making some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://omglia.com
Funky & colorful jewelry, clothing, &accessories
http://omgliastash.etsy.com
Destash and supply! Bead and charm lots!
My Blog!
Weddy_in_Paris
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007 08:34:02 AM »

For a harder shell, just melt the chocolate whitout adding anything (no cream, no butter) and let it cool at 104 F (40C). Then you can dip the truffles in it without let them melt too much. But you still have to work quick... too quick for me !  Wink

This is such a great post!  I posted a holiday foodie/crafty recipe for lemon curd earlier today, and I've now decided that this Christmas, everyone on my list gets lemon curd and truffles.
I am about to make some lemon curd too ! Right now ! It is so yummmmmm ! Your relatives are lucky : truffles ans lemon curd ! This gift is just a dream !

I have a friend who used to cover the truffles in red and green sprinkles as well, as another decorating option!
Nice idea ! I'll try it ! I sometimes put the truffle paste in a decorating bag (sorry if that's not the good name, I am sure you see what I mean !  Smiley) and make lovely flower in tiny paper cups.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Christy Haubegger: Misconception of Latinas
Christy Haubegger: A Compass For Readers
Christy Haubegger: 42%
Christy Haubegger: The Feminist Badge
Christy Haubegger: Latinas in the Mastheads
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...