A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Why party hats?  Today, we officially welcome our newest Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss to the team!  If you see them on the boards, congratulate them!
Total Members: 305,636
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Loiteria Card Collage  (Read 5745 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

indie anna 58
"I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its @ss in a museum." Claes Oldenburg

No Beefcake Without Irony

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004 08:10:01 AM »

I am spelling challenged, but I am loving Loiteria Cards. I found mine in Downtown Los Angeles for $2.50

Here is what I am making with them little collages then I am putting them in picture frames from Ikea i got mine on sale 3 for $2.00 I think.

here is a stinky pic

any other Ideas?Huh

Jaime

I totally love Loteria cards!!! I've done all kinds of stuff with them. (I'm a real newbie: I haven't posted any projects yet! No digital cam. but have asked for instructions/pix folder from admin. so maybe soon  Huh) The Crafty Chica has some great loteria card crafts on her site, plus some very cool pendants she featured in her newspaper column (can't remember which paper -- one in Arizona -- the link should be on her site). I made a bunch of pendants at xmas time -- most people who got them loved 'em! (hint: they're made with microcope slides! very cool!) Gotta love that Crafty Chica!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glitter on the mattress
Glitter on the highway
Glitter on the front porch
Glitter on the hallway
-LoveShack/The B52s
indie anna 58
"I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its @ss in a museum." Claes Oldenburg

No Beefcake Without Irony

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004 08:16:12 AM »

for more about loteria cards, see
http://www.ojinaga.com/loteria/

Here's another great link that's part of a lesson plan for teachers. It has translations of what all the different loteria cards represent!
http://www.hipark.austin.isd.tenet.edu/arc/latino/translation.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glitter on the mattress
Glitter on the highway
Glitter on the front porch
Glitter on the hallway
-LoveShack/The B52s
CraftyChicaAZ
Crafty Chica!

http://www.CraftyChica.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004 10:25:51 AM »

i do a few things with them too. i like to collect all the different versions from diffeent regions. they all have the same subjects, but with different artist drawings. very cool!

http://www.chicanopopart.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace, love and glitter from Crafty Chica!
http://www.craftychica.com
Check out my new product line and sewing book!
beatlesfan
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006 08:33:10 PM »

Hi, Love this site!!!!!!! I even had withdrawal syndrome while they were changing hosts  Grin
Now, I don't want to be mean either, but is not Mexican, it is Spanish (as in language) not nationality, there is no such thing as Mexican language, or puertorican, or panamanian, etc, there is only one Spanish, of course there are words that are unique to a country, but the word loteria is a word that is  used all throughout the Spanish speaking community. I am sorry as a Spanish language native and from Puerto Rico, with a daughter that is half mexican I CRINGE everytime somebody asks me if I speak PuertoRican and Mexican, sometimes I just reply yes I speak Puertorican, Mexican and English, I even tell them I can even communicate with people from Spain, Honduras and Panama, needless to say they are impressed. I always explain to them later, don't worry I am not that mean!!!!!  Shocked  Although my now "all american husband likes to differ!!!! Grin
But now I want to thank you guys for letting me know about that cute loteria card game!!! I have to learn more, maybe the game is mexican?

I love this site and I was happy to see Puerto Rico mentioned on a post. I am Puerto Rican and I, personally think that there really is a difference between Puerto Rican spanish and Mexican spanish. I just moved to Arizona and I love to hear all the different accents I hear from the Mexicans living here. One thing I noticed is that for the most part, the spanish I hear around here has a sort of Asian sound. Also, some of the words are completely different and some are the same words with different meanings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sonia
aerodi
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007 11:28:05 PM »

check out http://zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/loteria/loteria.html about the loteria mexicana, including links to some interpretations of the loteria by photographers. (in spanish and in english)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make Hand Roll Sushi
How to Prepare Fish for Sushi
How to Make Sushi at Home
How to Make an Inside Out California Roll
How to Make a Kappa Maki Roll
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...