A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
716 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Some FOs, recent and not-so-recent (pics galore)  (Read 1125 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf , afghan , hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jennye

Knowledge is good.

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2006 07:53:38 PM »

I recently realized that I've been commenting on other people's stuff more than I've been showing off my own  Undecided  So here they are, some new and not-so-new finished objects  Grin

First up: My red (raspberry?) beret.  I tried to make a cool, slouchy beret-type thing, and I ended up with this.  Not exactly what I wanted, but it serves its purpose - its warm and it covers my ears.  For whatever reason, my hair looks crazy shiny in this picture.

Second: The black-and-white scarf.  My mom went to a high-end craft show, where she saw these scarves that were knitted and felted, with a wide center panel and ruffled edges.  She figured I could make her one, and I did.  Well, I tried.  It was my first time felting, I over-accounted for shrinkage, and ended up with a massively long and heavy scarf - almost to the point of being unwearable.  I used Patons Classic Wool, and it felted nicely, but it's a little itchy.

Third: The cranberry scarf.  This is a much nicer and softer version of the black-and-white scarf, using Peru DK Luxury from AC Moore; it's a merino/alpaca/silk blend.  This was part of my mom's Christmas present.  She loves it, and so do I.  The color in the pic is off, the scarf is more of a wine color.

Fourth: The curly scarf, and the oldest piece of the bunch.  I made this from some beautiful pink flecked wool/silk.  The pattern is really just the edge from the black&white/cranberry scarves.  I made it to be more of a look-pretty accessory than a keep-warm accessory, and it's very thin.  Now that I've made those other two scarves, it feels too thin, so I might put a body and another edge to it.  Opinions?  I had originally made it for my aunt for Christmas, but forgot to send it (oops!).  Again, the color is off, and the scarf is brighter in person.

Last: The baby blanket.  I absolutely love making stuff for babies!  At the time of crocheting, the parents-to-be didn't know the sex of the baby, so I made it a neutral off-white color.  I picked a simple, repetitive stitch pattern from one of my pattern books and took off.  The pic is a close-up of the stitch; the whole blankie is about 2 1/2 feet square.

So thats it for finished stuff.  In the works, I have a blanket for my boyfriend and me, which I promised to have done by our anniversary in March.  After that it's de-stashing by way of scrap granny square blankets.  And maybe a toy to go along with the blanket for the soon-to-be baby Smiley

Thanks for looking!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rina
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006 03:28:04 PM »

That's some really nice work.  The hat looks great the way it is, it's really flattering on you.  Keep up the great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my yarncraft blog, RedCrochet.wordpres s.com
jennye

Knowledge is good.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006 04:39:31 PM »

Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Banana Pancakes
How to Make Apple Fries
How to make Beef Stroganoff
Shrimp Dip
Lemon Meringue Pie on fixmyrecipe.com
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...