A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Completed Recipe Box (complete w/ photos)  (Read 1719 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2006 07:43:35 PM »

so for christmas this year, my best friend requested a recipe box/book since she's getting married in April next year and she can't cook.. except for using the microwave on those quick tv dinners Sad
taking inspiration from this recipe box made for the recipe swap awhile back, l tried to make my own mini kitchen. unfortch mine did not come out as cute, but she still enjoyed it!

onto the pictures!

top view. it's a bit plain, l couldn't find my glue gun so everything is attatched with massive amounts of mod podge! in my excitment to schlack everything together, l forgot to do the smaller details like painting in the stove top or adding little knobs Sad

again pretty plain. the box l found didn't have a latch was extra tall to accomadate recipe cards, and l was too scared to try drawing in a stove window..

home made recipe cards. l bought a whole booklet of retro print cards that l cut down to size, then mod podged with plain paper so l could hand write out the recipe ingredients on the front, and the instructions on the back. l found all of my super easy recipes from the "help! my apartment has a kitchen" book (highly recommended for new chefs)

cute cardstock that l used to make the dividers. l bought really cute fabric that matches to make an apron with, but l ran out of time.. plus my sewing machine is BURIED under all sorts of craft supplies.. so now l think that will be her wedding shower gift Smiley

sample of one of the recipies. haha, she asked me why l mod podged both sides and it was partly so the front and back would match, but another reason would be the easy clean up of the cards! since l figure she'll get grease and what not on them, l don't want them to be ruined too easily. but it was a bit time consuming.. and l did put off the project for too long so l need to work on adding more cards to her box!

thanks for looking!! l had to wait until we finished our gift exchange before posting pics Smiley l also bought her this really cute weekly meal organizer that had retro print paper that was magnetic for the fridge. it was a really good idea, with space to plan out meals and a shopping list that tore off on the side! l should've bought one for myself while l was at it
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 10:36:56 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006 09:27:07 PM »

I like it - too bad you didn't paint on the stove top and knobs, that would have really just been the perfect touch - can you still paint around the pots and pans, add an oven front and knobs to it now?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
hgflower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006 02:20:50 PM »

probably if l steal it back from her, haha. maybe l can kidnap it this weekend to add some finishing touches
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
musicmob
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006 05:20:46 AM »

Naturally, I looked at your pictures first w/o reading everything that was included in your post, lol!  I thought, "Wow, that looks a lot like the ones Vancy makes!"  hehehe... Cheesy  Here's her sink one, too http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=89074.0

You both have wonderful creations!!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
hgflower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006 11:35:05 PM »

l forgot about that one!! again, super cute Smiley l went spent the night at my friend's house but we were too busy playing games that l forgot about my kidnapping plans Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
musicmob
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006 04:59:18 AM »

Oh and I love that you mod podged both sides for easy clean up - that's a great idea!  (plus I have the same obsession with Mod Podge as you Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Deep blue Photoshop effect
How to Work with templates
How to Use the history brush
How to color Skin on hands in Photoshop
How to Use Photoshop effects
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...