A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any crafters in Lincoln?  (Read 6711 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Project Annie
« on: September 30, 2004 09:35:07 AM »

Hello! Just checking to see if there are any other crafty gals in Huskerland (aka Lincoln) besides me?  Wink

Some of my favorite craft/fabric stores in town:

Rickrack Fabric Shop: 1501 Pine Lake Rd.
They have the cutest 1930's repro fabrics for quilting, plus lots of other great stuff like Amy Butler & Indygo Junction purse patterns, teddy-bear supplies, and lots of fun fabric and books. Classes are offered at the store for learning how to make purses, teddy bears, and quilts.

Cosmic Cow: 6136 Havelock Ave.
This is a great, funky, free-spirited shop. The owner Roxanne has lots of bold, graphic, bright fabrics and a huge selection of whimsical gifts. She also carries a lot of things that I don't see anywhere else, like squares of vintage kimono fabric. Very cool! Also, quilting classes are offered and taught upstairs from the shop.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Something awful happens to a person who grows up as a creative kid and suddenly finds no creative outlet as an adult."  -Judy Blume
ForevrBee
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004 12:27:12 PM »

Finally Someone from Nebraska (let alone Lincoln) posting something here. I figured that if no one was going to. I would, Although the places I know of are the usual Hobby Lobby (48th & Normal), Michael's & Hobbytown USA (Both around Southpointe Pavillions). And also of Thift Stores, Salvation Army at near Hy-Vee, & A Goodwill at Coddington & West A (walking distance for me, like 4 blocks).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
Lili
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004 06:16:33 PM »

im in omaha half the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004 09:51:28 PM »

I'm in Lincoln, too.  I didn't even know Leah had added a Nebraska section.  There wasn't one for the longest time! 

ForevrBee, YOU must be the little sneek who keeps taking the yarn from the Goodwill at Coddington before I even see it.  I KNOW it isn't that they just never get any!!  Wink  I snuck in under your radar the other day, though, and snatched up a grab bag of threads on wooden spools and rick-rack packages.  It also had 9 unused spools of Coats and Clark 100% silk twist.  Score. 

I like the Goodwills in town for craft supplies, but I've gotten my best scores from Family Thrift Center on 17th and O.  Last time I was in there I spent $1 and got a grab bag with three unused skeins of a vintage 1/3 cotton, 1/3 linen boucle yarn.  It's luscious!  And the trip before that was $2 and I ended up with two full skeins of Lion Brand Chenille T&Q and two skeins of Classic Elite Waterspun, plus a bunch of beads, a felt bear kit, some mardi-gras masks my daughter had hours of fun with until she figured out she could pull the feathers off...  Their grab bags are indiscriminately cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
kundi

hooray for people

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005 08:21:49 AM »

Hey crafty Lincolnites!  This past weekend I was visiting my mother in Lincoln and I'm not sure if anyone on here does the men's tie skirts, but the DAV had 2 large bags of just random men's ties for something like $2.98.

I also basked in all the bags of yarn and posted my score over in the crochet discussion section, and got myself a rocking tattoo at Iron Brush downtown of Japanese cherry blossoms.  It's amazing to me how the things I miss the most and keep me coming back to Lincoln are Yia Yia's pizza, the comfort of knowing everyone in O'Rourkes, and big bags of yarn at the thrift stores. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffnstuff
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005 07:03:11 PM »

I'm in Milford, pretty close to Lincoln.  There's a great thrift store in Seward called "Etc."  They have a small sewing/craft section but they usually have really good stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hornrimsylvia
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005 10:47:35 AM »

www.girlsgonemild.org

hey lincoln, come and knit at the women's center on the unl campus every tuesday at 7pm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

Crafty McCraftypants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006 09:25:00 AM »

yes!  I'm not a lonely loser any more!  well... i'm not technically in Lincoln, but i'm close enough- out in the boonies.
it sucks that there have been so many thrift sotre/DAV closings lately.  what kind of sicko would steal from a THRIFT STORE?!  woo, they're saving two dollars by shoplifting a pair of jeans.  I'm so proud of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Mah Wists
http://www.wists.com/stardust_wings
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006 09:29:25 AM »

Yeah.  Although, I think I remember the DAV closings were due to someone in management there actually sealing money, but I'm not sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
kundi

hooray for people

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006 03:38:48 PM »

The last time I was in Lincoln was when the drama was going on with the DAV.  I was really disappointed.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the details of what happened.  Mainly because I was drinking at the time and talking to the bartender at Duffy's about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Needlepoint with Wool
How To Wind The Bobbin On Your Machine
How to Use an Embroidery Hoop
How to Make a Basting Stitch
How to Back Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...