A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer What You Have (Crafts/Supplies) Swap - Dec. 24-Jan. 24  (Read 14471 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lulubean
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006 06:45:44 AM »

I claim AmaZing for [Charms. 1 heart charm. 1 bell charm. 1 cherry charm. 1 charm with wire wrapped fake pearls. 1 star charm on thin blue ribbon. I will send them with a purple wallet, address book and a gold box!]

My list includes:

1. My Little Pony ripe for refurbishing.  Her hair is "doable" but I've lost the comb and crimping iron that she came with... sorry about that.

2. Red Heart Yarn.  Choose from the [4 primaries] or the [gray and variegated (purples, khaki, greens)]

3. 1 gallon bag full of Mardi Gras beads

4. Elann yarn.  Two balls + a little extra Peruvian alpaca in natural, two balls Sonata (100% cotton) in Incan Gold (sorry, one of these balls had been used for a project but I didn't like it with the other colors so it was ripped out), one ball Sonata in Coffee Bean.  Offered all together or separately, which ever you want.

5. Two balls of Lion Brand Cottonease in light blue

6. One "Branching out" scarf in elann Peruvian alpaca.  My neck doesn't like alpaca, so it has to go to a good home.

7. Or I can make you something knit from the above yarns or something from my stash, if you have something in mind.  I can also sew just about anything.

(I'm also willing to do personal swaps if you want something off this list that doesn't get claimed first)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006 06:55:09 AM by lulubean » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykate
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006 07:59:54 AM »

Hello! I'm craftykate, and having been PM'd by the organizer to say I am approved I would like to claim lulubean for #6 the branching out scarf.

Here's what I have to offer:

1-Misc. collection of beads and findings. Here's an example of what I'll dig through to make a grab bag based on your preferences in color etc.

2- knit then felted bag with bamboo handles. It's black with a black/ purple top edge.

3- knit lace cap in brown wool with multi blue/green/brown wool stripes.

4- Collection of finished macram hemp jewelry. These in the picture plus a few more similar ones.

5- Skein of handspun yarn. The photo is just and example. I'll let you choose from what I currently have completed or will try to spin a skein based on your preferences.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006 08:00:22 AM »

Miss Violaceous, does that mean that I can join this swap even though I am already in five swaps (with the last offer what you have swap)?

Yes, for those who (like you) already have open feedback for the last month. Next month we'll do it proper-like (meaning, we'll have new feedback for each month's round).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006 08:07:17 AM by Miss Violaceous » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pikabean
also known as Natch

cross my heart and kiss my elbows!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006 08:41:59 AM »

hope it's ok for me to post questions here.  I'm interested in this because I have some stash busting to do, but I've never done an ongoing swap, so I'm a little confused.

So, do all your claims have to be from the person before you on the list, or just one?  Like could I post, claim one thing from the person before me, and one from anywhere on the list (as long as no one else had claimed it) or could I only claim 2 things from the person before me?  And outstanding claims means that if I claimed two things, I wouldn't be able to claim again until someone had claimed something from me and received?  Am I understanding this correctly? Yes?

Thanks in advance for the clarification Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006 08:51:17 AM »

hope it's ok for me to post questions here.  I'm interested in this because I have some stash busting to do, but I've never done an ongoing swap, so I'm a little confused.

So, do all your claims have to be from the person before you on the list, or just one?  Like could I post, claim one thing from the person before me, and one from anywhere on the list (as long as no one else had claimed it) or could I only claim 2 things from the person before me?  And outstanding claims means that if I claimed two things, I wouldn't be able to claim again until someone had claimed something from me and received?  Am I understanding this correctly? Yes?

Thanks in advance for the clarification Wink

You only claim one thing at a time from the most recent list posted. Getting multiple claims means that you can claim one thing, wait for someone to claim from you, then claim back from them, making two claims. When you accumulate the maximum number of claims, you have to wait for someone to receive one of your sent items before you can claim again. Check out the list at the beginning of the thread. Person A claims one item from person X, then person A posts a list, person B claims one item from that list and posts theirs, person A claims from person B's list, and so on. X and B have one outstanding claim, and A has two.

Edited to add: When people make successive claims they usually repost everything that wasn't claimed the last time they posted their list, plus a few more items. So if you like something upthread it will probably be around again, or you can pm the person for a personal swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gavagai
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006 08:54:08 AM »

It is like a chain, so the only list that is open for claims is the one just posted. So person A posts her list, person B claims something from person A's list and posts her list. Then person C claims person B, person D claims person C and so on... like an ongoing chain of claims.

You can only claim once from a list to start with. Then (if you have 2 claims) you can claim once again from a different list (when it is the last one posted), or the same list if it's up for grabs again. The 2 claims mean that you can only have 2 claims outstanding, i.e. one of your partners (the ones you're sending to) has to receive the things they picked from your list before you can claim from a third person's list.

Did that make any sense?  Huh

(Oh, sorry, questions already answered. Well, now you have it in two versions.  Cheesy)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006 08:55:52 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
pikabean
also known as Natch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006 09:22:09 AM »

ok, now I get the first claim, and I get that you have to wait for the next person to post and claim from you before you claim again.  Smiley

But for the second claim, it would be like, once someone posted a list after mine, therefore claiming one of my items, I could claim one of their items too?  So it's like a trade?  I think it makes sense now Smiley  for example, if I were to post now and claim from craftykate, she would claim back from me?  And then I'd do the same thing with the person who posted right after me?  And those are the only two people I can ever claim from?  If I'm right, I think I get it now Wink haha and say I didn't want anything from the person after me (though that's probably unlikely xD) then I'd just be done?, or is it the person before me (which I understand) and the very last person on the list? like if I waited and someone posted after the person who posted after me... Tongue

sorry for being so dense.  This has been a long strenous week of college apps and I think what's left of my brain is melting away. hahaha

oh wait... after a re-read (xD) once some things are gone from your list- you post it again at the bottom to be picked from again?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006 09:30:50 AM »

You're kind of running in circles here! When someone posts a list, anyone who has been approved by the organizer and isn't maxed out on outstanding claims can claim from the last list posted. When someone claims from you, all that means is that's who you have to send to. You can claim back from them, or not. You've received something (from the person you claimed from) and you've given something (to the person who claimed from you) so you're even. If you choose to claim from someone else's list, you are making another trade. If two people really like each other's stuff and just go back and forth claiming each other, it does end up like a trade, but it doesn't have to be that way. The reason it goes in a chain, one claim at a time from the last list posted, is so that everyone is giving something and getting something each time they post their list. You MAY post your list again at the bottom to be picked from again if you WANT to, that is, if you see something in the most recent list you want to claim!

You're mostly right in what you posted, except that you aren't restricted in who you can claim from, just so long as you claim from the most recent list only, and you aren't maxed out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pikabean
also known as Natch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006 09:56:17 AM »

oh! ok, I understand now.  Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to my surrently dense head.  I promise, I'm relaly generally an intelligent person Wink hahaha

ONE LAST question.  Haha.  So if I'm the last person to post and someone from waaay up high on the list claims from me, am I able to claim from them?  (or is the only claimable person at ANY given time the last person on the list) oh, wait, I think I just answered my own question: if they wanted to claim from me, they'd have to repost at the bottom, and then they'd be the last person on the list, and so if I wanted to, I could claim from them.  Just say yes if I'm correct and then I completely understand.

and if you want to get someone (or want me to) the get rid of all of my silly questions now, that's just fine (or can I delete my own posts? haha).  Thanks you SO much for claryfing all this form e and so sorry for clogging up the thread and I think I'm going to work on my list of things I have tonight or tomorrow when the last of my apps are sent off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006 10:12:44 AM »

oh! ok, I understand now.  Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to my surrently dense head.  I promise, I'm relaly generally an intelligent person Wink hahaha

ONE LAST question.  Haha.  So if I'm the last person to post and someone from waaay up high on the list claims from me, am I able to claim from them?  (or is the only claimable person at ANY given time the last person on the list) oh, wait, I think I just answered my own question: if they wanted to claim from me, they'd have to repost at the bottom, and then they'd be the last person on the list, and so if I wanted to, I could claim from them.  Just say yes if I'm correct and then I completely understand.

and if you want to get someone (or want me to) the get rid of all of my silly questions now, that's just fine (or can I delete my own posts? haha).  Thanks you SO much for claryfing all this form e and so sorry for clogging up the thread and I think I'm going to work on my list of things I have tonight or tomorrow when the last of my apps are sent off.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Yes, whenever someone claims, they become the last person on the list and are therefore claimable. You can't claim from an old list for any reason, until it's reposted along with a claim (and then it's refreshed and stuff is added and it's not old anymore.) I don't think we need to delete your posts, other people might find this back and forth helpful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing Moorland Birds
Photographing Birds in Song
Attracting Birds to Your Garden
Setting up a Pond for Garden Bird Photography
How to Photograph Garden Birds
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...