A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,063
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kitchener-Waterloo  (Read 16478 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

plastikvodka

anatomyofaskirt.com -hancrafted. alternative.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 30, 2004 06:51:55 AM »

I noticed some people from KW area in the southwestern Ontario Thread- thought I'd start a topic all our own! Anyone know of any knitting or craft circles round here?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NessaGurl
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004 07:25:17 AM »

I don't know of any around the K-W area, but I would love to know if you find any...I live in Waterloo...and really need to find somemore crafty people...

I'm lookin...good luck...if I find any, I'll let you know...if not...we can start our own! Grin

nessy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
trufflegirl

chocolatiere extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004 03:03:18 PM »

I don't know of anything either, really. If you're into knitting, check out the Cloth and Clay shop in Waterloo Town Square (I worked in that mall until my Laura Secord store there closed on Saturday!); they will probably know if there are knitting groups in the area. As for other crafts... I really don't know.

We could try to arrange a get-together of our own, if there's enough interest. At least it'd be a chance to meet, and then if our interests mesh well, we could hang out and craft together more regularly. I'd love to have some inspiring people to share projects with, and to maybe give me a kick in the butt when I start to let projects slide... What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. --- Dorothy Parker
carlyb
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004 09:21:55 PM »

Someone is trying to start a knitting/craft circle dealy at Laurier.  I e-mailed her today and she wants to have the first meeting next week.  I'll post more info here when I have it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You came to burn, love, and I came to fight
You came to deal, love, and I came for life
trufflegirl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004 04:07:34 AM »

Someone is trying to start a knitting/craft circle dealy at Laurier.  I e-mailed her today and she wants to have the first meeting next week.  I'll post more info here when I have it.

Awesome! I'm at Laurier myself, so I'd love to hear about anything like that taking place... Keep us posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. --- Dorothy Parker
plastikvodka

anatomyofaskirt.com -hancrafted. alternative.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004 04:55:34 AM »

lol- actually, it is me who is trying to start the group! I'm still trying to figure out a day/time for our first meeting so that everyone can come to it! I'll post here when I figure it out! Any preferences?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trufflegirl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004 07:02:18 AM »

Man, what a small world!

I'm only on campus at Laurier Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Tuesdays are already pretty full-up, but any time after 4pm on Thursdays would be ideal for me. Or, if meetings aren't super-frequent (say once a month or so) I could make a trip up to the campus (or that area*) on Wednesdays, which are my only guaranteed day off work --- Friday through Monday I generally have some work and some time off, I just never know which day will be which.

* (I live down at the other end of Kitchener, so we're talking an hour's bus-ride up to the WLU campus, or anywhere in that vicinity.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carlyb
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004 02:04:06 PM »

lol- actually, it is me who is trying to start the group! I'm still trying to figure out a day/time for our first meeting so that everyone can come to it! I'll post here when I figure it out! Any preferences?

That's really funny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You came to burn, love, and I came to fight
You came to deal, love, and I came for life
NessaGurl
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004 06:03:24 AM »

Hey Plastikvodka (or anyone else in K-town) I'd love to meet with more people in the crafty world of K-town as well, so if anyone wants to plan a meeting...I'm out of school and can meet most nights...keep us posted...

nessa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
trufflegirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004 09:50:52 AM »

Man, this is a small world! Turns out that Nessagurl and I have probably talked on the phone a bunch of times, through work, and never knew that we were dealing with craftster-folk... Those of you at Laurier know that given the size of the campus, chances are that we've met each other (or at least lined up together... Roll Eyes) before as well!

So, it looks like there are four of us (at least) in this area who are interested in some kind of get-together. We need a date and a location... I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest a Thursday evening (but which Thursday?), say around 7 pm. Location-wise, why don't we try William's, either the one on University between King and Weber, or the bigger one on University over by the Mongolian Grill. (Or would you like to make it dinner, and meet at Mongolian or somewhere?) Do any of you have other friends you'd like to bring along, to expand the group? PM me with your e-mail addresses, and we can set up an e-mail discussion about this.

Once we've met and gotten to know each other a little, we can look at whether we want to meet again, and if so, where and how often. We'll have a better sense of what crafty interests we share (knitting vs sewing vs painting, etc) and how we can help each other keep motivated or solve problems or find resources, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crochet for Beginners: Turning
Crochet for Beginners: Posture and Hand Position
Crochet for Beginners: Triple Crochet Stitch
Crochet for Beginners: Single Crochet Stitch
Increasing and Decreasing and Dropping Stitches
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...