A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,716
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charity Blitzing 2007 - Anyone Interested?  (Read 15329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

untoherselfalone
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2007 09:19:16 PM »

Im going mega extra slow with my knitting recently!! I have a scarf and will make a hat but I think that may be it for me. I am gonna send a bunch of other things like 100 sewing kits and some thrifted clothing. This project is more about sending out ANYTHING at all to me to get back in the swing of giving.

Smiley Good luck all!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2007 01:40:22 AM »

I understand about getting back into the swing of things....we have had company at the house since the first of Feb.  We won't have our house to ourselves until after Mar. 11th.......the joys of living in Florida  Shocked

I feel VERY behind in lots of things especially projects.  I will have a more settled in feeling and be ready to get back into the groove in a couple weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

untoherselfalone
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2007 12:37:02 AM »

what is the addy? I didn't see it listed...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lanark_Knitter
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2007 01:45:15 PM »

so, what's everybody making for our March challenge?
I was thinking of making a small lace blanket and maybe a few little preemie hats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm knitting as fast as I can - why are there so many unfinished projects in my basket?Huh??

Wanna swap? I would love to knit you something - let me know what you've got:)
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2007 08:19:54 AM »

I'm a bit behind on my February charity craft, but I plan to fix that today. I'll be whipping up at least 5 hat & scarf sets (I'm giving up on mittens for this one- maybe next year!), assuming they whip together easily, which they should.

I'm just curious though...Stand Up For Kids New Mexico hasn't really gotten started. They are in the survey stage. That's what I ran into with my local chapter, but they hadn't even started their survey. I'd like to send to a fully active chapter, so would anyone object if I sent to the Boston chapter? I'll make some more things during the course of the year and send them to New Mexico (and my local chapter, Worcester) as soon as they are up and running.

Please let me know what you think- I'll be sewing things up today but won't be able to get to the post office until Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2007 04:44:41 PM »

Okay- I finally finished my stuff for Stand Up for Kids! I was able to make 6 hat and scarf sets out of fleece. Each set is made out of 2 coordinating fleece fabrics (except for 1) I think I'll be popping them in the mail tomorrow.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shazrasha

A very crafty Doctor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2007 02:02:54 AM »

Okay- I finally finished my stuff for Stand Up for Kids! I was able to make 6 hat and scarf sets out of fleece. Each set is made out of 2 coordinating fleece fabrics (except for 1) I think I'll be popping them in the mail tomorrow.

Wow I really like the orange/yellow patterned fleece you've used there. It's very lively. They all look wonderful
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I do Personal swaps though you might have to ask me really nicely as I don't have huge swathes of time on my hands Smiley However I love crafting for other people.
Lanark_Knitter
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2007 01:32:17 PM »

They're gorgeous!!! Awesome work:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm knitting as fast as I can - why are there so many unfinished projects in my basket?Huh??

Wanna swap? I would love to knit you something - let me know what you've got:)
Eveel

www.sinfulknitter.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2007 04:24:32 PM »

I am heartbroken.

I just made a donation to fostering felines today, I had made 15 pieces of bedding and as 17 toys and had raided my own cats toys to donate. When I got there the lady that runs the program, thanked me for my dontation and said it would be sold at the all about pets show. 

I was totally devistated when I left but my husband convinced me to go back and explain that I didn't want it sold.  I did and she said she would give it to the fostered animals but I still feel iffy with it.  I wish I had given it to my vet instead.  I will make more but I don't know how to make myself feel better. I followed it up with an email to  her as well. I understand that sales will help the animals but when I had spoken with the lady months earlier she told me it would go towards making pregnant cats more comfortable which was my wish.  Any suggestions or I am being selfish?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has justified my packrat behaviour
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2007 08:41:19 PM »

Eveel- Way to go on making 15 pieces of bedding and 17 toys! That's awesome!

I don't think you're feelings are misplaced- it is tough to dedicate your time to something and then find out that it won't be used how you planned.

It could be possible that the needs of the shelter changed since you first spoke to the lady (maybe they received another donation after you first spoke with her). So, as heartbreaking as it feels, at least she didn't say, "Oh, we're not taking blankets anymore. We have enough for now!" Take heart that your items will still benefit the animals at the shelter by being sold. And, they'll actually help more animals that way: the animals that receive your gifts of love, and the animals that benefit from the money raised from their sale. It's a two-fer!

Be proud of what you accomplished- you did a great thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Production Studio - Using an Element from a 4:3 Comp in a 16:9 Comp
Adobe Production Studio - Setting Up a New Composition
Adobe Production Studio - Lower Thirds
Adobe Production Studio - Masking Out an Area and Using Pathfinder to Crop
Adobe Production Studio - Creating a Background for the Bug
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...