A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charity Blitzing 2007 - Anyone Interested?  (Read 13282 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

EowynUlysses
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2007 10:35:29 AM »

I really like those tags, craftADDchick! If I had to guess, I'd say it would be okay to use the Craftster logo, since we're not selling the items. It wouldn't hurt to PM Leah or one of the mods to be sure.

For February, were we going to all send them to the same place, or donate locally? We'd save on shipping by going local, which is always nice. I'd probably be able to do more if I don't have to pay for shipping. Just my 2 cents.

I'm going to make some blankets today. It's taken me awhile to get the musty smell out of the fabric I inherited!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2007 01:41:04 AM »

I hope everyone had a great time crafting and presenting your Snugglies to your local shelters for Hugs for Homeless Animals.  I managed to make two but like a dork forgot to take pics so this month I will be on the ball with the pic taking and sharing. 

This month is Stand Up for Kids.  I plan to make hats and scarfs.  I believe it was semi-decided to send to the Stand Up for Kids in New Mexico.  I am in total agreement with than plan.  If anyone else feels differently, please let me know and we can discuss and decide.

Do we want to set a deadline to mail off our donations?  that way items will start to arrive at the sort of same time......Maybe have all items mailed off by the last day of Feb. 

Sound like a plan??   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2007 06:43:27 AM »

I hope everyone had a great time crafting and presenting your Snugglies to your local shelters for Hugs for Homeless Animals.  I managed to make two but like a dork forgot to take pics so this month I will be on the ball with the pic taking and sharing. 

This month is Stand Up for Kids.  I plan to make hats and scarfs.  I believe it was semi-decided to send to the Stand Up for Kids in New Mexico.  I am in total agreement with than plan.  If anyone else feels differently, please let me know and we can discuss and decide.

Do we want to set a deadline to mail off our donations?  that way items will start to arrive at the sort of same time......Maybe have all items mailed off by the last day of Feb. 

Sound like a plan??   Wink

Sweet! I just got some adorable yarn ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2007 08:52:01 AM »

I will probably be posting pics of the Snuggles that my students and I are working on later- we don't have many finished, yet!

And, if it is okay, I'm going to split my Stand Up for Kids donations between New Mexico and the one in the city that I live in.

And- what a deal!- I was just at JoAnn Fabrics and they had these No-Sew Fleece throws on clearance ($3.42), so I picked one up for the fleece to make hats and scarves- I have to go back and get a couple of patterns, so if they have more, I may try to grab some. Also, I have a collection of sample size bottles of shampoo and conditioner, plus a bunch of shaving cream samples. I also picked up a 6 cent sewing kit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2007 02:12:07 PM »

craftADDchick I think splitting up your Feb donations is a great idea!!  It's all about helping and what a great way to spread the love!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2007 12:58:04 PM »

Okay...I went back to JoAnn Fabrics yesterday and bought a TON of clearance fleece (no-sew pillow and throw kits). Each kit has a print and a coordinating solid. I will be sewing up a storm during my February vacation!

Now, I just need to find a GREAT yarn sale so I can work on some knitted hats and scarves (cheating a bit by using a Knifty Knitter...) for charities a bit later in the year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2007 04:46:31 AM »

craftADDchick - you are the best!!  Keep up the good work and thanks for participating!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jp197012
JP

me on my wedding day

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2007 12:12:13 PM »

i'm a slacker and am just finishing up 3 snuggles for my local shelter.

on the upside, i decided to make one of the ugly quilt sleeping bags for new mexico (someone posted a link earlier i believe) as a way to bust out some odd fabric i doubt i'll use  Grin

i've started my 13yo knitting recently and the first project she wants to do-a scarf for pine ridge rez.  we went out last night and bought the yarn which she paid for herself.

i'm not sure which i'm more touched by-her charity crafting effort or that i've created another yarn addict or that i didn't have to support her habit  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2007 04:15:21 AM »

WOW!!  It's been a while since I checked in!  Time flies when your having fun!!

How is everyone doing this month?  I have finished 4 sets of hats/scarves...I just need to weave the ends in and get washed up.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2007 03:15:11 PM »

Somehow, I didn't end up getting as much done on my vacation as I expected! I don't know why...

So, I will be spending the next few evenings making a bunch of fleece scarves and hats (and maybe mittens). I was going to send to my local chaapter of Stand Up for Kids, but it hasn't started up yet (and I don't want them to call and ask me to help get it going- I have too much on my plate already!).

So, hopefully, I can whip up at least 5 sets by Wednesday. Do we have an address that we are sending to? I haven't looked at the website to see (we are still doing New Mexico, right?)...

Well, I have an urge to do a bit of cleaning, so I'd best take advantage of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Block Printing
Hot Trends for Quilting Designs
Homemade Greeting Cards for the Holiday
Art of Basket Weaving
How to Do Indian Embroidery
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...