A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,580
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charity Blitzing 2007 - Anyone Interested?  (Read 14047 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shooting star
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2007 02:57:00 AM »

Sounds like you guys are really doing a great job organising this!

Unfortunately after looking at how hetic this year will be for me I won't be able to organise a UK version of this.  However if there is still interest in one for 2008 and someone hasn't started one then I should be able to start it then.

Sorry guys.

Keep up the good work in the US though and I look forward to hearing about all your progress Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
jp197012
JP

me on my wedding day

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2007 06:13:30 AM »

Have we decided which area of the country; specifically which Stand Up for Kids we will sponsor?  I am agreeable with the majority.  I will also agree that areas hit the hardest with winter storms would be the best choice.

I think I will make scarf and hat sets.

i think hats and scarves would be a good idea.  weeping_cloud mentioned new mexico had a hard winter.  i think that would be a good idea since when i think of places needing winter supplies, the southwest doesn't really come to mind.  so they might be less prepared than other areas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

untoherselfalone
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2007 07:53:30 AM »

I was wondering if anyone has contacted stand up for kids. If nobody has tried yet I can  email/call the main office and ask what handmade gifts they would want and where they would be most needed. The storm struck areas seem like a given but perhaps they are getting other donations since they are well known??? I have no idea-just thought I'd check!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2007 04:38:04 AM »

I was wondering if anyone has contacted stand up for kids. If nobody has tried yet I can  email/call the main office and ask what handmade gifts they would want and where they would be most needed. The storm struck areas seem like a given but perhaps they are getting other donations since they are well known??? I have no idea-just thought I'd check!

Thats a great idea and if you would like to do that it would be greatly appreciated.  It would give us a better idea of which area and it may help us with ideas of what to make and donate.  Thanks untoherselfalone !  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

untoherselfalone
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2007 11:54:07 AM »

Sweet. I just sent off an email to them. This is so fun!! I am planning on inluding a few other items along with my snuggles to my local shelter. Is anyone else getting inspired to give extras?? I am so glad that this is more than just crafting but getting back into the swing of giving. Thanks so muck ooak_diva for bringing this idea to craftster! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2007 06:25:48 PM »

Sweet. I just sent off an email to them. This is so fun!! I am planning on inluding a few other items along with my snuggles to my local shelter. Is anyone else getting inspired to give extras?? I am so glad that this is more than just crafting but getting back into the swing of giving. Thanks so muck ooak_diva for bringing this idea to craftster! Grin

I made a pile of catnip toys. I love visiting the Humane Society! The kitties especially =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2007 06:48:17 AM »

I made a pile of catnip toys. I love visiting the Humane Society! The kitties especially =)

I may try a few of these mice...and maybe add some catnip and bells!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=144745.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2007 08:20:26 PM »

This is such a great idea!

I just have a question about the Snuggles donations. I searched the database they have on the site and found a couple places in my area that had the icon meaning they were part of the project. Then I checked out one of the shelters individual pages and it said that they had enough blankets and towels. So, if the shelter is part of the Snuggles project, should we assume it's okay to donate to them or should we contact them just in case?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/shewilldieyoung

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
untoherselfalone
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2007 11:05:54 PM »

I did. Maybe one without the icon would want them. I noticed that the icons are not totally current(ie one place I KNOW does foster programs didnt have the icon). good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2007 08:29:06 PM »

If you have a shelter near by, consider calling and asking if they would like donations, even if they aren't listed on the site. These blankets don't have to be used just for foster situations, just using them in cages helps keep the animals warm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Wore It Best: Jennifer Lawrence or Lara Stone In Red Calvin Klein
Reveal of the Santa Claus Makeover
4 Different Ways To Wear Leather Pants
Anne Hathaway Has Wardrobe Malfunction At Les Miserables Premiere
How to Make a Sequined Tie Sweater
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...