A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interesting craft shops?  (Read 2240 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bananna_AnnA
« on: December 19, 2006 09:25:25 PM »

Hey Las Vegers-
I looked at the other posts listing crafty shops in Vegas, and I wanted to hear some reviews. Are there any interesting places to check out (i.e. not Joann/Hancock/Wal-Mart)? If Vegas just has the basics, that's cool, I have plenty more to do down there.
P.S. In case you want to know, I knit, crochet, sew, embroider and make jewelry- so that's the type of stuff I'm looking for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Beadbakery
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006 07:51:11 AM »

I second this post.  I got a trip to Vagas for my Christmas present and was trying to figure out where the closest Joann's or Hobby LObby was to the strip.  I'm Canadian so we dont have those stores here

Any help would be great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glamoiz
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009 05:22:36 PM »

As far as I know of that's all that we really have here.  There is a slightly overpriced vintage store called the attic that sells vintage fabric upstairs near the back.  It's in North Las Vegas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
uropygid
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009 01:58:54 PM »

there's Gail's Knits, a store (obviously) targeted at knitting and crochet. she pretty much only sells yarn and knit/crochet patterns - as I don't knit or crochet, there's not much for me at this store, but she does have some really awesome yarn. she also encourages folks to sit down at a table, grab some needles, and relax for a while! Gail herself is a real sweetheart.

and Wooly Wonders, another knitting/crocheting/spinning store. I still haven't made it to this one (shame on me, it's near my house), but supposedly they sell wool roving as well as yarn.
their website also quite frankly sucks, it doesn't even list hours - and I want to say they have some odd hours like 10am to 4pm Tuesday-Friday or something. (for some reason, a lot of specialty stores in Vegas are 10am-6pm.)

Viva Las Vegastamps, obviously a stamp store, with a quirky and bizarre selection.

Desert Art Supplies for other folks more into 2d arts'n'crafts like myself. it's a pretty standard art store, with a little of everything: markers, pencils, paints, paper, canvas, paperclay, fabric paint, plaster, airbrushes, craft knives, inks ... they also have two locations, I've only visited the one in Henderson, but I can vouch for a great selection and friendly employees.

Discount Beads is quite well-described. I walked in expecting a normal bead store and was disappointed - they don't have much for "standard selection" (i.e. strings of seed beads or Delica tubes), they tend to carry far more stock in things like crystals, stone beads, glass, charms and findings. their name does not lie, though, most all of what they DO have is exceptionally priced!
I really recommend this place for any beaders or jewelry-makers, you just might find something you never knew you needed.

on the topic of beads, there's also a Gem and Bead mall I've still not yet made it to on 1335 E. Sunset Rd (across from the airport), hard to miss, it's in a big strip mall with a gigantic red BEADS sign.
and Bead Shack, this looks more like your standard bead store.
there's also a bead store on the northwest corner of Flamingo and Decatur, I've seen the sign while passing by on the bus, still haven't stopped in. :[

for papercrafters, there's Scrappin' Time, that's right, you guessed it - a scrapbooking store! I may just have to make a trip here to get some letters for my ATCs...

and I'll list Rainbow Feather Dying last, because I'm not entirely sure that they have a store front you can even walk into/visit ... some really neat stuff on their website, though!

there's not a huge selection, but there is a few crafty stores in the valley, let's give 'em some patronage before they become victims of the economy. :[
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Max

live in the MN metro? I'm always up for craft meets!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set Dialogue in a Film Script
How to Recognize Reality TV Editing Tricks
Nuke The Fridge
How to Notice TV Editing Tricks
How to Join a Reality Competition Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...