A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Coussin a doudou (Pillow blanky)  (Read 2535 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Valbi
« on: December 19, 2006 08:55:30 PM »

Hi!

I saw this at a fair and thought: I can make these.... I can make these as gifts too. So the first one I made was for a BD gift to a friend who's in a tiki kind of mood.

It is a pillow with a blanket inside. The pillow is made from a fabric I got from my great-Aunt and the blanket is fleece.

I'm so ready for Christmas... 

Thanks for looking!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
J4Joolz
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006 11:28:17 PM »

I absolutely love this.  I have a fleece on my sofa for the cat during the winter and never really know where to store it for the rest of the year.  Inside a pillow is just a perfect idea. 

Julie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raycheezy

Patches are my happiness and my hippyness.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006 07:30:17 PM »

Wow, that's really really neat. Is there any chance you could give just a small tutorial? I don't need much, but for some reason I just can't figure out how it was made from the picture, and it doesn't look that complicated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I LOVE personal swaps! If you see something I made that you like, and have anything fun or interesting or silly, tell me.
LoveByDesign

Lay Bare The Soul

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007 06:41:58 AM »

I love this idea! I wanna start now and make one for everyone i know for christmas! i agree with raycheezy i need just a point in the right direction...i can't figure out exactly how you did this. i would love a short tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrysAM
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007 09:41:54 AM »

I love this!  My husband had one when we were kids with a football pattern on it and he loved it.  Maybe I should make him an updated version for our anniversary Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OhSoRetroDarling

rummaging for answers in the pages

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007 09:45:59 AM »

aka a quillow. quilt + pillow.
I've seen this made as actually quilts too. I've given and sold TONS out of fleece. they're great in the back of the car in the winter. people like them alot in sports patterned fleece--tailgating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creative thinking may mean simply the realization that theres no particular virtue in doing things the way they always have been done.
wanderlust

Love never fails

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007 10:46:57 AM »

I love it, but I think I wouldn't ever be able to fold it right. I struggled with oragami in elementary art class. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is patient, Love is kind, It does not envy; it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self-seeking it is not easily angered it keeps no record of wrongs. love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth It always protects always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007 02:03:03 PM »

Folding is easy. Make the pillow part one ninth of the size of the quilt/blanket. eg. If the blanket is three foot by three foot, the pillow is a foot quare. When folding, fold in thirds towards the middle, left then right side into centre so that you have a long rectangle with the pillow at the end. Then fold in thirds the other way, do two folds, then you will have a square the same size as the pillow an the piece with the pillow on it. Hold pillow open and fold the last time into the pillow.

You can actually make the length longer which it looks like they did in these pics which are pretty clear. I like mine even.

http://www.texdev.com/quillow/instructions.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eira
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007 04:49:08 PM »

That is super sweet, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for quillows, but have never owned one myself, you've inspired me to make one!  Smiley I love the flowers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eloe
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007 06:59:04 PM »

That is so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Where Is the Best Glass Blowing Museum
The History of Glass Blowing
How to Tie the Handcuff Knot
How to Sew a Dress
What Is Glass Art
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...