A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PAT (Pick a Theme) ATC swap  (Read 7727 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 19, 2006 10:30:58 AM »

Pick a Theme, and everyone in the swap (limit of 13 players) makes a card for you!

This is similar to the ATC Swap Rings (#2 gallery is here).
Each person makes a card for the other participants in their chosen theme, so everyone ends up with a set of their choice...the only difference is, no books.  Make your own or frame your set!
So, if you love the themed set but are too nervous to make a book for someone else, this will be an easier version of that book swap.

This is VERY limited, (to only 12 people (plus me), so let me know if you are interested.
Tentative plan is sign-ups late December, with send-outs late January, so everyone has plenty of time to craft.  Let me know if you are interested, and will have feedback in time to participate.  I would suggest thinking of a simple, universal theme that most everyone could easily create. 
Random 'easy'/universal ideas: castles, Frida, ducks, libraries, the word 'love', red poppy flowers,....
'Too hard'/controversial topics (I would steer clear of things like this): bible verses, ouija boards, President Bush, the civil war, or anthing people have to do a bunch of research on...you want making your card to be enjoyable for the other artists!
Both of the ATC ring swaps have been good about this, check those for ideas as well.

ALSO, this swap is recommended for Experienced (read: responsible, reliable, sending on-time, sending quality cards) ATC swappers.  Since there will be many people crafting for you, you need to have successfully completed a few ATC swaps. Judge for yourself if you qualify. I have had flakers in previous swaps.  I really dont' want to have them in this one.  Smiley

Who wants to play?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006 12:27:28 PM by OriginalYouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

raina.storms
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006 10:41:30 AM »

I am definitely interested! (Count me in, count me in!)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006 10:50:19 AM by raina.storms » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006 10:43:09 AM »

Can I sign up?  I don't want to bump any more experienced ATCers out of a spot, but I'd certainly like to participate...if it's okay!

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006 10:48:15 AM »

I'm very interested.  I'm finding making cards for themes very challenging -- in a good way.  I have to try and do things that I'm not sure I can do!  But it's good to grow, right?  So count me in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OriginalYouth

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006 10:51:16 AM »

Can I sign up?  I don't want to bump any more experienced ATCers out of a spot, but I'd certainly like to participate...if it's okay!

RM
Certainly.  You have proven yourself to be a quality ATC maker, regardless of the number you have created.  All the cards I have seen of yours have been gems!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006 11:00:41 AM »

Ooooo, great!  You know I'll be putting forth my best effort!

Later,
RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

knitting_nyxxie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006 11:33:19 AM »

I too would LOVE to join!! I very much enjoy making ATCs with a theme actually I enjoy that most of all I think. However I do not want to take a spot that could be better filled by a more experienced ATC artist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you in Middle TN Join us TN Craftsters!
Wist
OriginalYouth

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006 11:44:56 AM »

However I do not want to take a spot that could be better filled by a more experienced ATC artist.

I want to clarify this a bit...I don't want to be elitist about the swap, but I do want to encourage people to join if they are confident in their ATC abilities.  There are plenty of other swaps if you are just starting to make cards (and a newbie swap as well).  This one is intended for people who know the basics about and are comfortable making ATCs.

I hope I am not being too controversial here...I just want people to judge themselves and their skills, and decide if they are confident in their own abilities, or if they need to get their feet wet with a few other ATC swaps first...

I will admit, that my first several cards made weren't the best quality.  They were made quickly, and without the proper sealant, backing, and signature info on the back.  I have learned since then from other people's cards.  I just recommend you have a few dozen cards or so under your belt (and have handled that many from other artists) so you learn the groove of quality cards.

I don't consider myself a professional at this, either!  But maybe on a comfortable, intermediate level....  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006 12:29:36 PM by OriginalYouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

OriginalYouth

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006 12:49:53 PM »

Eek!  Someone pointed out to me that my wording today has sounded bad, I want to apologize if I offended anyone!
I by no means meant to step on any toes.  I re-wrote it to what I was trying to say, I hope it makes sense.  Undecided
I do value ALL of your craftiness, and treasure each of my cards from all that I have swapped with. I know most of us are accomplished crafters/swappers in many forms!

I guess what I meant to say in 'experienced' is that I wanted to open this up to any/all participants (not do an 'invite-only/exclusive' swap), but I wanted to encourage people to make a few cards before jumping into it...that's all.

Maybe I just need to stop talking now...  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006 12:57:41 PM »

I was certainly not offended...and I consider myself a novice.  No worries, OY!!!

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Carrots into Slices ,Dice and Roll Cut- Chinese style
How to Make a Chicken Curry
How to Make Grilled Oriental Salad
How to sharpen chinese clever with stone
Learn secret and special seasoning sauce for Chinese food
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...