A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,853
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PAT (Pick a Theme) ATC swap  (Read 5899 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2006 07:21:32 AM »

Okay team, I was about ready to start this, when I realized my house was a mess, Christmas deco was still up, and I had 6 loads of laundry to do!  I spent yesterday taking down all the holiday schtuff, carving a path thru the garage, and washing and sorting clothes.  I just decided I didn't need another tangent project til I got ahead of my chores.
Oh, and BTW, I also got motivated to throw out a BUNCH of stuff I had been holding onto 'in case I needed it'.  Seriously, that must be how those people who end up on those re-organization TV shows bury themselves in random boxes of stuff!  I just can't keep everything I find that could possibly be re-used!

I'm feeling much more organized today, and will start the swap at some point this weekend or by January 3rd, so be on your toes for sign-ups!
Thanks for your patience!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2006 07:42:53 AM »

Seriously, that must be how those people who end up on those re-organization TV shows bury themselves in random boxes of stuff!

I was thinking along that line last night...it's a very quick slide into being one of those crazy hoarder people with ceiling high stacks of paper that cover all available space except for one winding path through their house...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2006 08:00:19 AM »

Seriously, that must be how those people who end up on those re-organization TV shows bury themselves in random boxes of stuff!

I was thinking along that line last night...it's a very quick slide into being one of those crazy hoarder people with ceiling high stacks of paper that cover all available space except for one winding path through their house...
True, eh?  Everything I tossed was stuff I could 'potentially' re-craft/re-con, for the most part.  But 'what-if's' take up a LOT of space, over the course of a few years.  I pitched 3 years worth of lint from the dryer (that COULD have been a scupture), and about 20-30 empty containers (formula, etc.), as well as various boxes/envelopes that I could have recycled for shipping.  And I threw out some other potentially WORTHLESS stuff that was ridiculously unneeded, like all the fast-food sauces I hadn't pitched (just in case we needed some taco bell fire sauce??), miscelleaneous scrap cardstock and junk mail (for ATCs), and cardboard boxes.
I'm going to spend about $30 on a bunch of clear plastic shoeboxes to put everything in a new home....Imagine, a lovely box for bows, another for tissue papers, one for bags, etc....so groovy.  The goal is to just get the box with the supplies I need out.
Also, I'm going to get more back to my roots with my ATCs....less collaborative collage (which accumulates lots of papers) and more drawing and painting (easy, just pens and paint, no trash everywhere!).
That's my tangent....guess I should get back to work!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2006 08:41:48 AM »

(Updated list and moved it here -RM)

I know we haven't officially started yet...but can I get an idea of what we will have coming up since I'll have some extra spending cash paired with great After-Christmas sales over the holidays???   

Please tell me if these are for sure-rock-solid confirmations of what you want to go with.  This is not everyone who has shown interest...so if you're not on this list, but can finalize your theme early, please do!  If not...no big deal...we'll wait til the swap opens! 

And remember...everyone will have to qualify for the swap during sign-ups, so we might not want to start actually putting the cards together until people sign up and are definitely 'in'.

Theme Confirmed
Waiting for Theme Confirmation

raina.storms   celestial Waiting on feedback from other swaps

Kaos- dark carnival/circus (a la Stifflersmom's Cirque cards)...

OriginalYouth-   'black and white only geometric' cards, hoping for some lovely swirls and such.

alteredmommy  zetti-style WITH wings.

Katxena-   destination vintage travel -- not just a suitcase or a plane, but a place or a sight, like Timbuktu or Morroco or the Poconos -- with a suitcase or a plane is cool.

RecycleMicol-  Masquerade Ball (Antiqued or Vintage please)  -frills, laces, ruffles, feathers, silver & gold, rich colors, movement, and of course, masks.

pinkangel1979  Fairy tales.

Teeisme- Zetti or Sally Jean style Animals with a sense of humor

pjmclnj- Quirky Quips using only the Mona Lisa.  (Tell us what she's thinking...sitting there with her demure little grin!)

Squirrelgirl-  Persian Cats

Later!
RM
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007 12:50:11 PM by RecycleMicol » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
raina.storms
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2006 08:45:37 AM »

It will supremely suck if I can't join; I've already got solid ideas and some art to use. I guess there'll always be a R2...  Wink
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006 09:07:56 AM by raina.storms » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kaos
A random assortment of artistic delicacies.

Photo editors are dangerous...

« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2006 08:48:22 AM »

RM I'm sticking with mine! And anyone who wants to get started go ahead! I have plenty of swap room so I'll def be in on this one!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2006 08:50:40 AM »

RM I'm sticking with mine! And anyone who wants to get started go ahead! I have plenty of swap room so I'll def be in on this one!  Grin

Kaos,

I have to say, I've already done yours...and I think it's my best ATC yet!  (I actually feel like an artist now!)  I'm super excited!

OY, can we send early?

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

Kaos

« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2006 08:53:20 AM »

Ack! Don't tell me that! Now I want it!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2006 09:06:42 AM »

Ack! Don't tell me that! Now I want it!!!!!!!!!

Hee-hee.  Now I'll really drive you crazy...I think I'll snap a pic of it and send it to OY to see what she thinks!

*snickers mischievously*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

Kaos

« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2006 09:07:26 AM »

Oh that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO mean! RM...just you wait!!!! I'm going to come down there and tickle you!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Blush to Any Face Shape
Beauty Essentials For Women In Their 20s, 30s, And 40s!
How To Fix Broken Powder Makeup
Sneak Peek: March 2014 NewBeauty TestTube
How to Apply Blue-Green Eye Makeup Inspired by Kelly Osbourne
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...