A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toy Knitting Machine....  (Read 5823 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kpuppy
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006 05:57:17 PM »

That looks so great--has anyone tried any of the other "toy" machines currently on the market? I was eyeing this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sew-Easy-07525-Knitting-Machine/dp/B0001RFCI2/sr=8-1/qid=1166544841/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-7872111-3478333?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

I can't link to the one on mary maxim, but it's called the adult knitting machine:
http://www.marymaxim.com/Default.asp

It looks like those two machines work in the same exact way as my Barbie machine, so they probably work well. Like I said, this one that I have is limited in what it can make, but it works beautifully. It makes nice, even stitches. That said, if I were going to get one of those two that you listed, I would get the 'adult' one. It is on the expensive side, but you can make more items than with the toy one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006 06:17:46 PM »

ive made a scarf
a pair of arm warmers
one legwarmer  (i made one and realized i dont like me in legwarmers)
and some little swatches

what have you made?
I made a scarf for a friend so far. I hope to make a pair of armwarmers after christmas. I have 3 more things to make so after that I'll have mroe free time. But I did buy it specifically to do the scarf I made and was pretty pleased. I di have an issue wit hthe edges rolling though and I cna't figure out if it was my tension not being consistant or what the deal is. Have you had a problem with that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006 06:27:10 PM »

i havent had problems with the middle section only at the ends but i just use some of my knitting skills to fix that hahah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the wallaby
Era of the Sea

stirring controversy with a wooden spoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006 08:50:51 PM »

That looks so great--has anyone tried any of the other "toy" machines currently on the market? I was eyeing this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sew-Easy-07525-Knitting-Machine/dp/B0001RFCI2/sr=8-1/qid=1166544841/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-7872111-3478333?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

I can't link to the one on mary maxim, but it's called the adult knitting machine:
http://www.marymaxim.com/Default.asp

I have the first machine, and I really love it. I don't knit otherwise, so I think it it's a really neat thing. I'm rather compelled to try the "granny circles" idea...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like personal swaps <3

...Oh fine!
http://www.wists.com/wallaby
mavans
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006 03:45:19 PM »

I saw the Rose Art knitting machine at a store the other day for 9.99 and almost got it for dd. but then I came home and read reviews of it and they weren't good.

Anyone have that one and have a good review of it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martha
Kpuppy
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006 03:49:30 PM »

I saw the Rose Art knitting machine at a store the other day for 9.99 and almost got it for dd. but then I came home and read reviews of it and they weren't good.

Anyone have that one and have a good review of it?

There are some reviews on Amazon...including an adult knitter who bought one as a novelty, but she said it only uses fingering weight or sock yarn...no worsted weight or chunky. I tried chunky in my barbie machine, and it also didn't work, but it works fine with worsted weight. A review below that says that they had to return it twice. I'd skip it, but it's up to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mavans
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006 03:51:01 PM »

that's why I didn't go back and buy it.... oh well............... dd loves to loom knit anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martha
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006 12:20:55 AM »

Hi guys!  I have moved the last few pages of this thread and the thread that was started on the CO boards to the Knitalong boards.  I did the same thing just yesterday to a similar Loom Knitting thread.  Here's why:

The Knitalong threads are not just for groups of people working on the same pattern.  They are also for groups of people using the same method who want to a communal thread to share their finished projects.  For this reason, the Loom and Toy Machine Knitting threads actually do go best on the Knitalong board.  They would also fit on the CO board, but there is another reason I would prefer they stay in Knitalongs.  We've always been careful to be inclusive of all methods of knitting, be it hand knitting, loom, machine, mushroom, or even using your own arms.  There are tons of finished object posts using ALL these methods over on the CO board.  By starting a thread specifically for a certain method, it may seem to some people that IF they've used a method other than hand-knitting, they SHOULD post their completed objects on the segregated thread, and we don't want to segregate the boards that way.  So, the biggest benefit for even having such a thread is for those who want to keep in touch and share their projects with others who use the same method, and that IS a knitalong, even if it is ongoing.  I hope you guys can flow with that.  Smiley  Please keep THIS thread on the topic of discussing the actual machines, how they compare, etc., and discuss finished objects or objects in progress on the knitalong thread.  Thanks bunches! 

--your friendly neighborhood mod (who carries pointy sticks)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Kpuppy
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006 07:17:35 AM »

YAY, Lothruin! This is why YOU are the mod! Smiley Smiley Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006 07:39:19 AM »

Okay, so my lack of coffee this morning may have caused me to post this on the part of this thread that got moved, so sorry about that.

Any way, I got the Sew Easy Model, but after one test tube (Ha!) and one test panel, the machine's not working properly, so back it goes! If the store has more, I think I'll do an exchange, but if not, I'd like to locate the one that makes larger tubes, like this one:
http://www.nsiinnovations.com/innov.knitting.html
BUT, I'm wondering if any one has this model & does it make flat panels too? I really want to be able to do both.

Now, coffee's done - yeah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Joseph Sebarenzi Speaks About His Memoir God Sleeps In Rwanda
Stephen King Reads from Under the Dome
Judy Pasternak Talks About Her Book Yellow Dirt
Vince Flynn on Pursuit of Honor
David Lehman: Best American Poetry 2009
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...