A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toy Knitting Machine....  (Read 5849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kpuppy
« on: December 18, 2006 02:53:57 PM »

I'm a hand knitter, but I was at the thrift store today and there was a 'Barbie Knit Hits Fashion Maker' for $1....so I picked it up. It is the coolest thing ever. I'm so excited about it. You can make narrow (but as long as you want) tubes and narrow panels as well. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, maybe long skinny tube scarves, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Please keep THIS thread on the topic of discussing the actual machines, how they compare, etc., and discuss finished objects or objects in progress on the knitalong thread!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006 07:19:15 AM by Kpuppy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006 03:01:30 PM »

that is really cool! i have a knitting jenny and it takes forever!! how does it work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
slb2724
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006 03:15:38 PM »

wow! those things actually work? i thought they would just make cruddy tubes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
Kpuppy
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006 05:55:18 PM »

It actually works quite well. All it does is make narrow tubes and panels, but the stitches are really nice and even and they hold together very well. I figured I didn't have much to lose, it was only $1, but I'm loving it. I'm already thinking about loooooooong skinny striped tube scarves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006 07:08:17 PM »

My daughter got something similar last Christmas.  We used it to make little gift bags.  You tighten up one end and then leave the other end of the shortish tube very loose.  Thread a ribbon or cord through as a drawstring.  They were cute for easter suprises at the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mavans
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006 07:35:38 PM »

cool find... I want one for dd.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martha
metalpants
I gots a giant guitar!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006 07:42:46 PM »

OMG i had one of them Grin. My broke after a while. I think I made a really long (but ugly) scarf. And some barbie stuff, for when I actually liked barbies...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Give us us free...dollars!
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006 08:52:23 PM »

I have the older model that only does tubes. I've made a guinea pig stuffie with it. I also bought a bigger singer knitting machine recently and made an entire Gryphandor scarf with it. Smiley it does panels and tubes. And the tubes are big enough for armwarmers.
They're so much fun!
here's one of the links I found for it that shows some cool stuff you can make:
http://www.knitting-and.com/barbie-knitter/index.html

I can scan my singer's instructions if you'd like them. It's the same as the little knitting machine jsut with a few adjustments as the machine looks a bit different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kpuppy
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006 07:57:03 AM »

I have the older model that only does tubes. I've made a guinea pig stuffie with it. I also bought a bigger singer knitting machine recently and made an entire Gryphandor scarf with it. Smiley it does panels and tubes. And the tubes are big enough for armwarmers.
They're so much fun!
here's one of the links I found for it that shows some cool stuff you can make:
http://www.knitting-and.com/barbie-knitter/index.html

I can scan my singer's instructions if you'd like them. It's the same as the little knitting machine jsut with a few adjustments as the machine looks a bit different.

AW, thanks! I appreciate the link. Right now, I'm making a loooooong tube scarf striped with black and hot pink for my boyfriend's little sister. As for the instructions, the machine actually had the instructions still with it, so I'm good there. Thank you so much for the offer, though...I'm always touched by the kindness of crafty strangers Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

betchka
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006 08:18:59 AM »

That looks so great--has anyone tried any of the other "toy" machines currently on the market? I was eyeing this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sew-Easy-07525-Knitting-Machine/dp/B0001RFCI2/sr=8-1/qid=1166544841/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-7872111-3478333?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

I can't link to the one on mary maxim, but it's called the adult knitting machine:
http://www.marymaxim.com/Default.asp
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006 08:25:29 AM by betchka » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Carpet Up Do How To Video
The Zoe Report: 15 Beauty Must-Haves For A Sunny Escape
Surprising Uses for Cinnamon in Your Beauty Routine
January Jones Reveals Her Must Have Beauty Products
5 Must Have Beauty Devices
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...