A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toy Knitting Machine....  (Read 6705 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GatorWrangler
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2006 12:45:08 PM »

i just made 2 scarves last night
a stripey one and a snake one
and mine has been working really well

part of the reason peoples are unraveling is the cast on
ive been using a new way to cast on and havent had any problems with the bottom

how are you casting on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
snappity-snap
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2006 12:47:20 PM »

i cast on by taking the yarn and hooking it under each one of the knitting hooks. and then i just keep spinning the machine *kicks machine*  it's being mean to me. i've spent 10 bucks trying to find a yarn that will work with it. nothing has worked so far. even really thin crochet yarn. it worked for two scarves and now i'm guessing it's short life is over..... what kind of knitting machine do u have?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
GatorWrangler
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2006 12:57:46 PM »

I have the "sew easy" knitting machine. It came with fuzzy yarn that just got stuck in the machine and then unravelled.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
snappity-snap
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2006 01:05:20 PM »

that's the same one i have, but it worked more or less for two scarves but now it doesn't seem to work with any yarn i use. go  here to see what it did when i attempted to make a simple tube. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=142342.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2006 09:30:39 PM »

i found a way to cast on where it doesnt drop ANY stitches
so ill take a picture tutorial probally later today
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elijor
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2006 09:59:33 PM »

I don't have one of these - but I might buy one for my classroom - so this thought is guaranteed to be worth exactly what you are pay for it - but what the heck.

Anyways many years ago I had a "Bond" knitting machine (flat bed not circular like these) and I remember if I was using soft & light & springy yarn it would drop stitches or otherwise mess up if I forgot to put the little weight things on the bottom. Basically you were suppose to cast-on then knit a row or two then hang a weighted bar on the bottom. What would happen with some yarns was after a stitch was made the new yarn would sort of bounce right out of the hook resulting in dropped stitches and having the weight on prevented that bouncing. I think that could possibly be the problem some of you are having. I'd probably have someone hold the bottom of the knitting taunt - not tugging but just a steady pressure. Maybe you can hold it yourself if it is possible to operate the machine with one hand. If that does the trick you could probably figure out a way to hang some weight - even those "chip bag clips" would probably work - on the bottom of your work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2006 10:04:54 PM »

thats a really good idea i havent thought of that

i want a real knitting machine like a bond =/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snappity-snap
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2006 10:22:48 PM »

thanks! i will definitely give that a try before i return this machine. who has the innovations knitting machine??? someone had that i think and said it worked well...would you recommend it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snappity-snap
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2007 01:47:49 AM »

Angry okay i REALLY REALLY REALLY do not recommend the sew easy knitting machine. i just looked closely at my first tubes and it dropped stitches on even the thinnest yarn. i thought it was working perfectly but the eyelash yarn covered it up. that's why they only include eyelash yarn with the machine! because it looks so perfect in a tube when it's actually dropping stitches all over the place and creating ladders!!!!  Angry Angry Angry im returning it tomorrow! maybe i'll buy the innovations one and i'm also getting a SnB book Smiley yippee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

idiosyncracy
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2007 02:13:13 AM »

I got one of those, but it seems useless to me because the instructions on how to finish the scarf were really confusing, so I left the ends loose and they always unraveled....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vintage Bowles - Discovering Vintage Yves Saint Laurent in NYC
Evelyn Lozada on Celebrity Shoe Trends
First Chance to Shop Isabel Marant for H&M
Need to Know: Two Tone Trend, Nike FuelBand, and a "Food and Wine" Roundup
Vintage Bowles - Geoffrey Beene
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...