A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
334 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toy Knitting Machine....  (Read 6142 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kpuppy
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2006 08:57:55 AM »

Somewhere someone had that and said it worked great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R3n331
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2006 10:34:30 AM »

Hi K Hi Bambi
 I got mine at Hobby Lobby 30% off Smiley I so love it
 so fAR I  can use any yarn Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snappity-snap
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2006 10:46:38 AM »

Shocked my posts are gone!?! i think they've been moved to the knitalong section
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2006 10:54:03 AM »

I had a Barbie knitting machine that I used for at least 5 years before I managed to break it with eyelash yarn. *oops*

My daughter & I made tons of stuff... fingerless gloves, hair scrunchies, amulet bags, uberlong scrarves, and it was used at every sleepover she had during that time.  When it broke, my sister found a Singer knitting machine for me. I was really excited about it, but have not yet gotten it to make a tube that will hold together.   It un-knits as it's spinning.  I'd love suggestions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
snappity-snap
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2006 11:20:05 AM »

Angry my sew easy machine makes nice tubes with thin thin thin eyelash- weight like yarn but i tried using paton's so soft and it worked a bit but started DROPPING STITCHES  Angry Angry Angry like crazy! i got so frustrated because i couldn't even unravel the yarn. it was all tangled so i wasted some of my new yarn! grrrrrrrr.........i'm thinking about taking it back to the store....any suggestions on a new knitting machine?Huh

the innovations one that some of you have looks pretty nice. does it work well?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2006 11:51:14 AM »

I had a Barbie knitting machine that I used for at least 5 years before I managed to break it with eyelash yarn. *oops*

My daughter & I made tons of stuff... fingerless gloves, hair scrunchies, amulet bags, uberlong scrarves, and it was used at every sleepover she had during that time.  When it broke, my sister found a Singer knitting machine for me. I was really excited about it, but have not yet gotten it to make a tube that will hold together.   It un-knits as it's spinning.  I'd love suggestions!
My singer unstitches the end of the tube but if you know anything about knitting you can pick the stitches up really easy and fix it. It' a  bit of a pain but worth it for a nice finished object. If you hav ea crochet hook it's really easy too.
I can walk you through that if you need me to but you probably know what I mean allready.
Angry my sew easy machine makes nice tubes with thin thin thin eyelash- weight like yarn but i tried using paton's so soft and it worked a bit but started DROPPING STITCHES  Angry Angry Angry like crazy! i got so frustrated because i couldn't even unravel the yarn. it was all tangled so i wasted some of my new yarn! grrrrrrrr.........i'm thinking about taking it back to the store....any suggestions on a new knitting machine?Huh

the innovations one that some of you have looks pretty nice. does it work well?
You have to watch the hooks like a hawk. Make sure you turn the handle slowly. Are you sure you're holding the machine right? I realized my singer doesn't work when its lying flat in my lap you have to stand it up on a flat surface otherwise it drops stitches.
I also found the softer yarn doesn't work real well. But check your guide that came with the machine as it should say what ply yarn works best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2006 05:33:46 PM »

My singer unstitches the end of the tube but if you know anything about knitting you can pick the stitches up really easy and fix it. It' a  bit of a pain but worth it for a nice finished object. If you hav ea crochet hook it's really easy too.
I can walk you through that if you need me to but you probably know what I mean allready.
Mine actually unravels everything.  I've never managed to get the yarn to stay on past two or three rows before it starts working itself off.  We've started from the beginning with the book several times and tried different weight yarns, but to no avail.  I'm starting to wonder if we got a machine that doesn't work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2006 07:31:06 PM »

That would be my next guess if it's doing that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GatorWrangler
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2006 12:10:40 PM »

I got one of those machines this year and the yarn unravels at the bottom and even when I crank it slowly, it sometimes misses stitches. Sad

I had one when I was younger that my mother had passed down to me. It only made tubes but it was so fast and easy even a 4 year old could do it.  I used to make barbie tube dresses. Smiley  The machine was still working last I knew but is now missing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2006 12:25:35 PM »

i just made 2 scarves last night
a stripey one and a snake one
and mine has been working really well

part of the reason peoples are unraveling is the cast on
ive been using a new way to cast on and havent had any problems with the bottom
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Dried Tofu Fried With Celery
California Sushi Roll Recipe
Wok Chicken with Alex McCord
Baked Panko Salmon Recipe
How to Make Lacha Paratha
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...