A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toy Knitting Machine....  (Read 5875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006 08:22:48 AM »

how about 3 long skinny panels braided together  :)I quite fancy that idea for a scarf myself
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Kpuppy
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006 08:41:15 AM »

I love you! I just was admiring someone's braided scarf the other day and I didn't even think of that when I got this! I think I will make that for my bf's mom for Christmas! It will be so quick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoyan
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006 08:45:02 AM »

My aunt gave me one of those things, only mine isn't so, uh, sassy-looking.  It only makes tubes though.  I'm thinking skinny striped scarves too; there's not much else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Il faut cultivar notre jardin.
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006 08:45:22 AM »

Grin I think you ought to make me one too for the suggestion LOL

I've just been looking at the toy knitting machines on google. I REALLY want a mechanical french knitter that knits dounle knit and/chunky yarns. I have the Inox one which is disappointing to say the least  Undecided  I didn't know before I bought it that it uses only 3 or 4 ply yarns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
squeakyweasels

Knitter, Writer, Yarner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006 12:38:15 PM »

I have the Sew Easy machine. I have to admit I was so excited I sped through the set up and only glanced at the instructions, so I'm not sure if I'm using it right. But if you're patient with it it's actually pretty fun. It knits at a loose gauge but the size tube it makes is perfect for arm warmers or sock cuffs. Fingering or sock yarn works but you have to watch it because it's likely to drop stitches. I haven't made anything except practice tubes yet but it's fun to play with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sell ecofriendly luxury yarn, recycled at
http://stitchpop.artfire.com
slb2724
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006 01:03:50 PM »

That looks so great--has anyone tried any of the other "toy" machines currently on the market? I was eyeing this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sew-Easy-07525-Knitting-Machine/dp/B0001RFCI2/sr=8-1/qid=1166544841/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-7872111-3478333?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

I can't link to the one on mary maxim, but it's called the adult knitting machine:
http://www.marymaxim.com/Default.asp

that was the one i saw at michaels! it actually looks pretty nice, but i think id rather use a knifty knitter instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006 02:25:09 PM »

That looks so great--has anyone tried any of the other "toy" machines currently on the market? I was eyeing this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sew-Easy-07525-Knitting-Machine/dp/B0001RFCI2/sr=8-1/qid=1166544841/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-7872111-3478333?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

I can't link to the one on mary maxim, but it's called the adult knitting machine:
http://www.marymaxim.com/Default.asp
The first one looks very similar to what I have. However I have heard it breaks but if you read hte instuctions and take good care of it I dont think it will. The person who broke thiers described the problem and I think the kept crnking when they weren't supposed to. My machine clicks when the tension is to tight and stopps knitting. And I think they kept turning the handle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006 02:44:10 PM »

i have a singer knitting machine
and i love it
for some reason the bottom doesnt turn out to good but after i knit it i frog the bottom and cast off the top like i do the bottom
but mine was 15
i could have got it for 12 but michaels wouldnt let me use a coupon because it was already on sale for barely anything off
ugh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006 03:17:38 PM »

i have a singer knitting machine
and i love it
for some reason the bottom doesnt turn out to good but after i knit it i frog the bottom and cast off the top like i do the bottom
but mine was 15
i could have got it for 12 but michaels wouldnt let me use a coupon because it was already on sale for barely anything off
ugh
I have a singer too and I really like it. Are you enjoying yours? I hope to eventually make some really fun stuff like armwarmers and things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006 04:35:32 PM »

ive made a scarf
a pair of arm warmers
one legwarmer  (i made one and realized i dont like me in legwarmers)
and some little swatches

what have you made?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Award-Winning Shrimp Linguini With Craig Hazelbaker in Cedar Rapids, IA
Barbecue Shrimp With Maze Jackson in Chicago, IL
6 Tips For Grilling Perfect Burgers: Labor Day Cooking Essentials
Recipe Twist: BBLT Sandwich
Lobster Corn Dog Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...