A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift wrap idea  (Read 1891 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aztma
« on: December 17, 2006 06:23:20 PM »

I purchased a couple of tickets for my mother to an event that she has been wanting to go to.  But the tickets are not going to be here until after Christmas.  Any creative ideas on how to put this under the tree?  I guess first off I need something to wrap.....any ideas there?

Thanks

Oh and can I just say that I am so addicted to this site that I havent gone anywhere else on the internet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandalol219
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006 06:26:24 PM »

One year, we bought my mom tickets to something and we made an ornament that we could stick it in. Then when putting away all of the ornaments she found them, and it was like Christmas never ended. haha.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm Amanda =]

I'm just getting back into this, but if any pictures are missing, let me know. Photobucket hates me.
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006 09:36:53 PM »

Well first of all, I think a very pretty "tickets are coming" sort of certificate would work! And how to wrap that, well I think there's a wrapping gift card thread, but here's a couple ways my Dad has been sneaky with small presents for my mom:
    - he taped a gift certificate to a log (a squared off one), and wrapped the log
    - he wrapped a shoe box with my mom's old running shoes in it... with a ring box in one toe! (it would work for a rolled up certificate too!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ldoering1
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006 02:10:19 AM »

One year my MIL gave us money for Christmas and she folded it up small and put it in a walnut shell then glued the shell back together with a ribbon around it to hang it on the tree.  You could write what is coming, and put it in the shell and hang it on the tree with her name on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msgates
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006 08:00:28 AM »

How about a small booklet about the event? Perhaps do it like
Staramaze's Baby Book: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=117581.0. The book is made from cardboard, stamps, and sewed bits. It wouldn't be a quick solution, but it would be a memorable piece and if you included a spot in the back for the tickets, pictures, playbills, whatnot, it would be a great keepsake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinksequin
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006 09:25:32 AM »

Like previously mentioned, you could make a certificate or a note saying tickets are on the way.

And to wrap it, this may seem a little silly, but it made the present fun. A couple years ago I bought my sister concert tickets for Christmas. I took small-ish box, put the tickets in the bottom in an envalope and put 2 cans of pop (soda) on top. The cans made the box heavy so she didn't know what was in the box and them when she opened it, she was surprised to see pop and wondered what else could be in it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Summer Lee
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006 05:36:39 AM »

I once had to come up with a way to wrap a ticket for my boyfriend. So, I got a variety of boxes (from very large to very small). I put the ticket in the smallest one, sealed it, then put that box in a box the next size up. I continued putting the boxes in boxes until I ended with a very large box, which I wrapped. It was quite comical watching him open each box, expecting the present to at long last be inside it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aztma
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006 03:55:40 PM »

Now I have the problem of picking from all of these great ideas.  Thanks you all so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Frankenstein Doctor
How to Draw Final Fantasy Characters
How to Draw Tails
How to Draw Fairy Tail Lucy
How to Draw Evil Flippy
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...