A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fingerless Gloves for easy christmas/holiday gifts (now with semi tutorial!)  (Read 1620 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SorrowfulSparrow
Kitties will rule your mind

I less-than-three you.

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2006 04:20:10 PM »

Ok so I walked into poseur paradise or Hot Topic, as most people call it. Looking amongst the rack of clothing i spotted a pair of fingerless gloves that said "loveless" across the knuckles. I looked at the price and wasn't very happy to find them to be fourteen dollars. I mean thats more than what a pay for lunch for a week. I decided to make my own since I saw one of my friends googling them. I made his boyfriend a pair too. I hope the second one doesn't offend anyone. My friend's bf is gay and jewish so we call him gayjew as a loving term of endearment and he likes it so it stuck. It cost me less then six dollars to make these 2 pairs. I don't know how to post images in the post so i'll just link you guys up.

Loveless gloves together -

right glove details-

left glove details-

Gayjew gloves-

right glove details-

left glove details-

P.S. My first post since I joined! yay (please ignore the ugly hardwood floor)

Ok so first you buy a pair of gloves, I got mine for a dollar at AC Moore. Just plain ones or colored ones if you want. I know you can get them cheaper when they're on sale though.

Next you put them on and measure up to the middle joint in your fingers. Cut off top part thats over that joint. If you're making them for someone else, make sure you leave some more room if they have longer fingers. You can always make small cuts until the finger is the desired length.

Then you choose your design. I liked the whole writing on the knuckle things so i measured it so the writing would fall right between the first two joints in your finger when worn. (forgot what the name of that is meh) You can also draw on the hand part too. I just used puff paint as it was an easy inexpensive way.

I freehanded mine but you can easily use a stencil if you want. Also make sure no strings are hanging out like some are on my gloves. (I fixed them a little after seeing the pictures)

I safety pinned them together made a little homemade card tag thing on a string and tied it to the safety pin. They're currently sitting on my dresser awaiting the last day of school to be handed out. I plan on making more for some of my friends i know that would like them.

Hope I helped out a little with my added on tutorial!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010 07:53:08 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Japanophile Princess of the NYC
ica_grnKhameleon

I see a green chameleon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006 05:11:57 PM »

thanks for the semi tutorial!!! once it gets cold around here I'll be sure to make myself a pair. oh, and I like the icon. GO Juvenille Orion!!!!P.S. welcome to craftster!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
    The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
    Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
    Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;
        Alexander Pope, "Eloisa to Abelard"
        English poet & satirist (1688 - 1744)
SorrowfulSparrow
Kitties will rule your mind

I less-than-three you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006 05:50:21 PM »

Yay my first comment! *feels loved* Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Japanophile Princess of the NYC
SeeleVerloren
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006 06:16:07 PM »

Ooh yeah, I've seen ones like that before. Very cool Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006 11:31:16 PM »

I like the gloves ... But more importantly I like that your friend doesnt mind being called " GayJew"  Grin I gotta a good friend named " bitchboy" its just great to introduce him and people are like really dude what do I call you and he is like "bitchboy" lol its fun .. glad your friend has a good sense of humor !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Lipstick Shades for Winter 2013
Winter Nail Varnish Recommendations
Beauty Box Reviews: Love Me Beauty Vs. Glossybox
How to Get Snowflake Nails
Top Picks for Face Masks and Peels
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...