A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: yet another boxy bag.  (Read 862 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 17, 2006 01:13:52 PM »

Hi!

I love making these! They are pretty easy, they just take quite a bit of time, but they turn out awesome! I love the shape and how you can tweak with the dimensions to make a huge one or even an itty bitty one Smiley

Here is a tutorial to make one... I figured it all out then found this tute. Roll Eyes Anyway, its really informative and has lots of pics!
http://smallhand.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_smallhand_archive.html#112473596029582231

And a shot of the side...

Hope you like it.... Comments or criticism?

- Lauren

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011 02:01:59 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

beautyproof
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006 03:04:25 PM »

Hey that looks sooo GREAT!!! Superb choice in fabric!
Thanks for posting a link to a tute, I'll have to check it out Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crochetmama905
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006 04:42:23 PM »

What a beautiful bag.  Thanks for the tutorial too.  I like the materials you used and I really like that boxy look.   

I looked over at your blog while I was over there at the tutorial.  You sound like a cool mom and friend!  I'm a crocheter and beginning knitter  but I sure agree with you about the yarn being too expensive to work with it while in the line at DMV.  But I think fabric is pretty expensive too (at least the ones I like!).  Well, maybe you could learn to crochet little things (using thread) to applique onto your beautiful sewing projects.  You've got kids, so they open up alot of possibilities in crocheted things, and really it is fun to be able to have something to do while at the doctors office, waiting for kids to get out of school....or yes the DMV!  And a crochet hook and ball of thread is a lot more portable than a sewing machine!

I love the Japanese craft books.  I got an amigurumi one (crocheted little animals) and it was a little difficult to figure out in places.  How about the purse and sewing craft books, are they easy to figure out?  I saw how you said this was your interpretation of the book's pattern.  That's what I had to do with the Japanese pattern book for amigurumi too...interpret in my own way and use their pictures for inspiration because the patterns were very difficult to figure out. 

I have  often said that if someone who knew both Japanese and English would work out some sort of copyright deal with the original publishers and then write a translation of those books, they could make a great living...I wish it could be me but I just don't have time to learn Japanese right now!

Well thanks for posting your purse.  I love it (and all your sewing projects on your blog as well).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crochetmama905
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006 04:48:49 PM »

Ooops!  I just realized that the tutorial you linked to was not from you but from someone else!  Well, I still like your purse and thanks for the tutorial even if it is from someone else. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Manage Non-Profit Client Expectations
How to Create Hard and Soft Shadows
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Green Lantern
10 Hottest Vampires and Werewolves of 2011
Thor Premiere
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...