A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 307,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
355 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Small 18th birthday.. girly... Please help a girl out! Party game ideas!  (Read 1955 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Irish_Belle
I put my hands among the flames. Nothing burns.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2006 04:10:47 AM »

Ok my birthday is like in 10 days.. I have nothing planned. As I don't have many friends, I only be having 4 other girls over for a sleepover. But I don't want it to be dull and boring..
What I plan to do is on the day of my birthday go for a meal with my family, then go to a nightclub with 2 girls.
Not everyone is into "going out on the town", so I'm having 4 girls over, cooking dinner for them (I'm thinking vegetarian lasagne!).. afterwards I'm clueless. I was inspired by Marie Anotinette, so I'm going to have the music playing in the background (I have to get my hands on the soundtrack)

I want maybe a little tea-party, have a chocolate cake, fairy cakes, rice crispie buns, a terry chocolate orange, alco-pops, fizzy orange.
I want to have these all set on a sideboard in the Sitting Room, so we can all sit on the floor and watch some soppy dvds.
I want thinking of incorparating lots of glitter, tinsel, tissue paper.. pretty dishes, and wine glasses, a whole kitsch fancy theme.

Ok so its not a real tea party, but slightly formal and girly..
But I need ideas for party games, dvds to watch (old classic romances that everyone would love).. and what sort of decor I could use.

My real dilemma is that I haven't much time to plan, as I have tests all next week, and I'll be away buying a new frock for my 18th on Saturday, so I have Friday & Sunday to buy things needed. And I have Christmas Eve and Stephens day to make things.

Please help me out.. I want people to have fun.. thus the need for party games.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninosgirl
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006 10:15:50 AM »

for the tea party part you could buy some Tazo tea. it is the kind that they sell and use at star bucks. you can actually find it in alot of grocery stores. they also sell at star bucks an awesome iced tea that  i cant remember the name but it is the Passion Tazo tea mixed with some lemonade. it is so good!!!!!!! you could even make a sugar free version which is what i make at home. also, how about buying tiaras for everyone. that could be fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Irish_Belle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006 07:25:50 AM »

for the tea party part you could buy some Tazo tea. it is the kind that they sell and use at star bucks. you can actually find it in alot of grocery stores. they also sell at star bucks an awesome iced tea that  i cant remember the name but it is the Passion Tazo tea mixed with some lemonade. it is so good!!!!!!! you could even make a sugar free version which is what i make at home. also, how about buying tiaras for everyone. that could be fun.

hehe, well we don't have a starbucks here. thankfully, i say.. they seem to be bent on world domination.. give it 5 years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainylakechick
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006 02:51:13 PM »

Depending on what movies you watch, you could intricate desserts or treats for them.

Sixteen Candles -- provide carrot sticks, just like Sam eats to make her bosoms grow!

Pretty in Pink -- pink cupcakes?

Sex & the city dvds -- cosmopolitan cocktails (virgin, if you like)

Dirty Dancing -- watermelon ("I carried a watermelon")

Other movie suggestions:
Breakfast at Tiffany's, Pride & Predudice (The BBC version with Colin Firth!), Bridget Jones' Diary, Shag: The movie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Irish_Belle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006 05:27:22 AM »

Depending on what movies you watch, you could intricate desserts or treats for them.

Sixteen Candles -- provide carrot sticks, just like Sam eats to make her bosoms grow!

Pretty in Pink -- pink cupcakes?

Sex & the city dvds -- cosmopolitan cocktails (virgin, if you like)

Dirty Dancing -- watermelon ("I carried a watermelon")

Other movie suggestions:
Breakfast at Tiffany's, Pride & Predudice (The BBC version with Colin Firth!), Bridget Jones' Diary, Shag: The movie

I have Pride & Prejudice on DVD Smiley I wish the wet shirt scene was a weeeeee bit longer Wink That's an idea though. I might rent out 2 dvds or they could chose from my collection.
My friend has Breakfast at Tiffany's so about 3 of us have seen it.
I hope we can get Sixteen Candles! Haha, that sounds funny though, I've wanted to see it for ages.
I'm not sure if I'm going to make cocktails.. too risky! Haha, knowing me anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...