A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 3-Hour Sweater Knitalong: dare we hope?  (Read 96241 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiggy_114
« Reply #410 on: June 06, 2008 11:52:41 AM »

I did this a while back and can't quite remeber how.  Think i just did original pattern.  It is a bit baggy but i love it and am definately gonna make another.  Infact may just start one tonight.  Tip:  Do much longer in length than in original pattern unless you want a crop top.  Took me about 3 weeks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lotte
« Reply #411 on: June 06, 2008 12:30:50 PM »

I made the original pattern ages and ages ago, and it came out HUGE on me Shocked

So I gave it away on freecycle and the lady who collected it was really pleased with it (at least someone was!).

If there is an updated pattern I might be tempted to try again - anyone know which page of the thread it is on (or a link please if it is on a different site)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kexe
« Reply #412 on: June 21, 2008 05:49:50 PM »

If there is an updated pattern I might be tempted to try again - anyone know which page of the thread it is on (or a link please if it is on a different site)

It's on page 38, I think Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theknittingidiot
« Reply #413 on: July 13, 2008 12:54:28 PM »

I've has this pattern on my to do list for a while, but I have a 42 inch bust. I don't have much got boobs, but I am wide in the rib cage and I would like to do it top down so I can try it on as I go.  I am thinking about casting it on flat, all in one piece and then joining in the round. Or there is always begging my knitwear designer friend to help me make it into a top down raglan top. (I think she is going to start charging me for her "knitting support" so things fit my top half and so I don't have to knit things flat)

Beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beth,
Navy wife and heardmaster to my 4 kids.
Doodlebirds Creations
Wonderful hand dyed yarn & Fiber (and clubs too!)
http://www.doodlebirds.com
jsmith1984
« Reply #414 on: September 05, 2008 11:34:26 AM »

I might join in on this one.  Will have to scour my stash to see if I have any acceptable yarn to use as I have been banned from buying new wool until I empty out some storage space by using what I've got.  I like the look of this sweater though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
exquisitebones
« Reply #415 on: December 28, 2008 10:57:12 PM »

I know I am like a year or 2 late here. But I just started this project.
I just finished the back.

how did you guys bind off the top of the back?
I did a regular, cast off bind off, and there is NO give, it just does not stretch at the neckline?
is that how its supposed to be?
I am just afraid I screwed it up. I am a realllllllly novice knitter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shayla, Mama, Crafter, Owner of Boomba Toomba, that only sells baby products made by crafty people! Buy Handmade!
soozeq
« Reply #416 on: December 30, 2008 08:50:57 AM »

Isn't the upper back ribbed? So BO in ribbing, using a larger needle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
caramelo

Knitting soothes me...

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 07, 2009 08:52:05 AM »

I've been eyeing this project.  You guys did a wonderful job.  I wish I knew how to convert this to a top down pattern I hate having to put things together...ugh.  Again you guys did a wonderful job on this  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: January 07, 2009 09:28:45 AM »

I've been eyeing this project.  You guys did a wonderful job.  I wish I knew how to convert this to a top down pattern I hate having to put things together...ugh.  Again you guys did a wonderful job on this  Grin

I think a few people did make it top-down, have you read through the whole thread? There may be enough discussion about it that you can convert it (or maybe somebody did already, I'm not sure)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caramelo

Knitting soothes me...

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 07, 2009 10:52:07 AM »

I think a few people did make it top-down, have you read through the whole thread? There may be enough discussion about it that you can convert it (or maybe somebody did already, I'm not sure)

I didn't read anything on an actual pattern for knitting this in the round, but I"ll take another look through. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Take Me Out to the Yarku by Aaron Meshon
The Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers
Conrad Doucette on What a Copywriter Enjoys About His Work
Denise Kiernan on The Girls of Atomic City
Chip Ingram’s Spiritual Simplicity
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...