A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 3-Hour Sweater Knitalong: dare we hope?  (Read 103949 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 17, 2008 09:17:17 PM »

Really cute! I like the keyhole neckline.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
mooshie
« Reply #401 on: February 03, 2008 02:56:33 PM »

anyone still working on this?  I hope to cast on for it soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooshie
« Reply #402 on: April 02, 2008 06:11:07 PM »

hey, I'm starting this this week, anyone wanna join in? I think I'll do it with a lot of ribbing, or longer in the waist.  haven't totally decided yet though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooshie
« Reply #403 on: April 04, 2008 01:24:28 PM »

I got the back done, it took about 3 hours. maybe this'll be a 3 hour per piece sweater for me?

anyone else joining in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooshie
« Reply #404 on: April 08, 2008 12:27:24 PM »

well, I'm done! that was a quick knit.  I still need to crochet the edge and add a button though.  I'll add pics when it's totally finished.  it took well over 3 hours, but I'd say it was about 10 hours.  so really still a quick sweater! 
I pretty much followed the pattern, added 2" of ribbing, and changed to #11 needles for the yolk, but that was it.  it's cute, but I think I need just the right skirt to go with it.  lol guess it's time to go shopping huh? hehe  anyway, if anyone else is working on this please share! Smiley
happy knitting
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rebeldaisy
here's the yadda yadda yadda and the blah blah blah

Some where between what you want and what you need

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: April 08, 2008 03:50:33 PM »

mooshie congrats on finishing it! i can't wait to see a finished picture of your sweater.  i'm considering making this, but i've got a few other projects to finish up with first.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008 03:51:08 PM by rebeldaisy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitterbug
« Reply #406 on: May 13, 2008 03:59:09 PM »

So, I was wondering if you ever figured out the gauge for the 1930s three-hour sweater.  I have this pattern and have played with it unsuccessfully; but I'd really like to know what size yours came out to be and what your gauge modifications were.  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woollym
« Reply #407 on: June 02, 2008 12:51:40 PM »

I made this sweater in both the original 1930s version (I too had problems with the gauge, it turned out to big. It's wearable but not great) as well as the modern re-worked version, of which the pattern was so kindly posted on this forum by the creator of it (thanks!!!). The modern one turned out much better... pics of both can be seen on my blog, in this post: http://woollymammothknits.wordpress.com/2008/05/18/my-first-few-knittings/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #408 on: June 04, 2008 07:29:32 PM »

there's a "modern" version of this pattern?  I must've missed it somewhere.  does anyone know what page it's posted on, or what post # it is or something?  or even who posted it?  while my sweater came out ok, I still haven't posted pics of it yet because I have yet to put the crochet edge and button on it.  I haven't worn it yet either.  the only changes I made were to make the ribbing longer since a lot of people were saying that the sweater was pretty short.  I'll have to finish it and post pics though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nymphara
« Reply #409 on: June 06, 2008 07:04:35 AM »

Hey Guys,

I'd love to try this, but can anyone tell me how many stitches I'd want to cast on using a dk weight yarn for a 40" bust? Or reccomended needle sizing? As you can see, I'm a very new knitter, and this looks like a great first sweater. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Paleo Stuffed Peppers
Perfect Tailgate Foods: Healthy Sausage Options
Favorite Game Day Treats Under 300 Calories
How to Make a Breakfast Burger
Dry Rubbed Smoked BBQ Ribs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...