A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Website or boutiques?  (Read 1415 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jrock reject
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2004 09:24:02 PM »

I can't say from experience (though I'm eager to sell some of my stuff in the future) but I think consigning them would be best until you get the word out about your wares. Then consign a few and sell a few online. Then when you've made enough money, start your own boutique! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm so awesome it blows my mind.
Hawkwolf

I love to Maille!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004 01:55:53 AM »

Both. If you have the resources and the time, consign AND do a website. The more coverage you have the better! Smiley

Since you're not spending any money to consign, you might still be able to afford a small site, and advertise to the masses. Heck, let em know you consign at such and such a shop, maybe it'll help everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Custom chain maille for sale!
"http://www.Hawkwolfs.com/"
 Hawkwolf's Armory and Accoutrements
funkyutopia
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004 01:40:35 AM »

the industry standard for consignment is a 60/40 split. which means the consignor is paid 60% and the shop keeps 40%.  shops (and online consignment shops) can be different but this is the standard. the 40% will cover everything from website upkeep and fees, credit card merchant account and/or paypal fees, advertising, marketing, etc. there is a *lot* of work involved in running a website and driving traffic to your site. same as running a brick and mortar store. consigning your items can bring exposure to your brand while you spend time building your business.

selling wholesale to shops is normally at a 50% discount of your retail prices. then the buyer will mark up or keystone your items from there. this is also a good way to get your items out there. sell your items to store owners and get feedback from them as to how they are selling and customer response to your items.

the key is to get your name out there and get your product in people's hands. if pepole like what they see and hear, business will build from there. good luck with your endeavors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Tips for Persistent Acne Breakouts
A Fast Beauty Routine for a Girl with No Time
DIY No-Mess Body Scrub With Just 3 Ingredients
The Best Celebrity Beauty Looks
Best & Worst Style
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...