A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 315,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea time swap (Signups CLOSED, Send by 2/5)  (Read 16422 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kitty1256
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006 10:59:44 AM »

Is the requirement for this swap 1-2 medium items AND 3-4 small items, or 1-2 medium items OR 3-4 small items?

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006 11:13:28 AM »

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like Tea and kitties go together around here Wink, but then anything and kitties seem to go together around here! Shocked How many kitties does everyone have? I have none at the moment, my last kitty was stolen by my crazy ex-roommates when they high tailed it out without paying any rent. She was a good kitty too. Cry Can't really get another, my hubby is allergic, a lot, and the last one found me, so unless another kind stray wanders into the yard no more kitties for me. Good thing I have tea to keep my spirits up! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
stolendreams

I'm thinking we'll rise again

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006 11:42:43 AM »

I've just got the one kitty. He can't live with others which is the only reason I don't have several others (well that and the fact that the rest of my family wouldn't let me...). I do seem to pretty frequently adopt others though, I'm a sort of semi owner to a friends two cats and until recently was the part time adoptive owner of a neighbours cat, sadly he died a couple of months ago.

Shocked Not paying the rent is bad, but stealing a cat is even worse. how evil
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/stolendreams

Formerly known as risingphoenix
kitkabbit
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006 11:57:47 AM »

oh how awful!!! they TOOK *your* kitty?  That's so mean.  the kitty probably misses you sooo much, and if they really are crazy, what happens when they get tired of the kitty?  they sound incredibly irresponsible- if they can't take care of their rent how will they take care of a kittycat? that's horrible to think about... 

I still miss my lovely Feather, she died this August at 17 yrs old...  then we adopted Suki in September and as of 3 days ago we got another one (she is a tuxedo) but as of yet has no name.  Suki is extremely irked at the new addition.  Sigh.

A warm cup of tea and a warm kittycat in your lap.... priceless!  Grin

~k
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nellum
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006 04:56:20 PM »

Is the requirement for this swap 1-2 medium items AND 3-4 small items, or 1-2 medium items OR 3-4 small items?

thanks!

Thanks for pointing that out!  It should read 1-2 medium items OR 3-4 small items.  Of course you are free to agree on more with your partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ithinktomuch
Slightly Insane

Yarn is my drug of choice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006 05:01:39 PM »

oooh! My family is huge on tea (my dad's british). I'm totally signing up Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's be free to be you and me, free to crochet and knit, free to twirl hooks and click needles" -Debbie Stoller
Dorkariffic

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006 07:01:41 AM »

I've never had a kitty of my own, though I've wanted one since first grade.

The closest I've come is that my best friend in elementary school got a cat, and when she had her first litter, Steph named one of the kittens after me. And that kitten was terrified of almost everyone - including Steph - but not me. She'd lick my hand and climb on me, when she wouldn't even stay in the room with most other people.
And if I slept over, I'd always wake up to her curled on my chest. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do believe in the power of stuff..." - Sokka

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Dumbledore

Water Tribe Hufflepuff, married to an Earth Nation Ravenclaw.
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

find love everywhere

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006 07:53:09 AM »

I am so excited that this swap is happening, thanks nellum. Of course the fact that I am irish and that we drink more tea per head of population than any other country in the world, might have something to do with it.

The first thing that happens here in ireland when you get a visitor, is that the kettle is put on for a cup of tea. But there are so many themes possible, from the japanese tea ceremonies, and chinese green tea, with the lovely little porcelain cups. To the english afternoon tea, where you get dressed up in your finery and have think cucumber sandwiches, scones with cream and jam, cream cakes and of course tea poured from a silver or china pot, into wafer thin china cups, with saucers of course.

And there is the paraphernalia of tea, teapots of all shapes and sizes, tea cosies, tea infusers, flowery chintzy delicate china cups, to thick heavy warming mugs that you can wrap your two hands around on a cold day,

and all the cool things you can eat with tea, chinese food of course with green tea, and little delicate sandwiches and cakes to be eaten from gloved fingers in the afternoon

then there is the compounding part, a little company near here grows a huge range of organic herbs and botanicals and he makes his own tea blends, depending on if you want a calming evening tea, or an energising morning tea.....

wow I didnt realise I am such a tea nerd!

wandering off to put the kettle on
thinking that cats find owners mostly, we have owned two and they both were rescued from the side of the road, one in the last few weeks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps...yes please

you know you want to...go on go on go on

www.pinterest.com/edelc
kitkabbit
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006 07:58:56 AM »

As you're a Brit.  Do tell.  During last weekend, we had friends come and visit and we were wondering:  We know that afternoon tea is very common in the UK, but does it replace lunch?  Do ppl in the uk have four meals a day, breakfast, lunch, tea, and supper/dinner? 

And what is the difference between tea/afternoon tea/high tea or are they all the same thing?  How many ppl still *have* tea or has it been left at the wayside with the modern work schedule and busy urban life?

&, i want to try clotted cream, it sounds so yummy...

for whomever i get as a partner, i have a special little treat sitting in my tea caddy, but i'm not gonna tell what it is.... ~glee!!~
~kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

delayes_echo
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006 09:08:15 AM »

Oh...there are suddenly so many swaps (3) I want to join right now, but I wonder if I have enough time to craft for 3 swaps! It's holiday time so I do have more time than usual but still.. I do love love love tea though - Japanese, Chinese, British, herbal tea, any kind of tea:  bring it on! (sipping my green tea with jasmine infusion as I'm typing this Smiley )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make Sekihan
How to Make Soft-Cooked Omurice
Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe
Japanese-Style Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
Stuffed Lotus Root Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...