A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to make the filling in this? Please help!  (Read 516 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tazelryth

Arr, scurvy matey!

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2006 12:53:38 PM »

I need to do a culminating project for english class on the book I read. I read Eragon (great book, i recommend it), and I created an egg as my visual representation for it. I wanted to fill it with something so it could portray a scene in the book. If you've read the part of the battle where the Urgals come and attack Eragon and the Trolls, that's the part. I'm including an example of what I want.

The only problem I have, is what to fill it with?? Maybe plaster,or cardboard. I was thinking sand, even. The trolls will be like little army guys, or If I go to the dollar store, maybe even little figures. I need ideas, what do you think will look good in there? Will it hold?

The egg, by the way, is made out of paper mache and plaster. The arrow has a meaning - all the things Eragon's gone through to get where he is.

The egg

The 'blueprints'
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phreeduh
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006 02:55:40 PM »

I love Eragon!!  Grin

I don't really have any cool suggestions... except that much sand would get pretty heavy, so you could fill the bottom up with styrofoam peanuts or something, and whatever else on the top layer. or just some more styrofoam painted to look like the ground (maybe paint it gray, since they're in Farthen Dur for that scene?). be sure to show us what you end up doing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's a hole in the bottom of the sea. did you know?
nellum
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006 03:33:36 PM »

How about taking a block of styrofoam, carving it to fit inside the egg, then carving out little chunks where you need holes, and gluing sand or dirt (or for that matter, cookie crumbs or well-dried coffee grounds) on top?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesakati
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006 01:15:02 PM »

what about that green foam stuff they sell for flower arranging -- oasis, I think it's called?  it's light and textured.  you could also go to a model rail-road shop, they sell all kinds of wild things -- fake mountains, miniature trees, etc -- I'm sure you'd find stuff you could use there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You've gotta sing louder if you want to stop war! -- Arlo Guthrie
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Let It Slide Part 1/2 - Motion 3
How to Let It Slide Part 2/2 - Motion 3
How to Create 3D Text - Motion 3
How to Use DVD Studio Pro Part 1/2
How to Use DVD Studio Pro Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...