A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
498 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dollar Store Swap gallery (round 3)  (Read 24830 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2014" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2007 02:14:43 PM »

Hi, Dollar store swappers. Sorry Listy's not been around. I will see what I can do to help here. I went through the gallery, and have given positive feedback for packages that were posted as being received. Please check your feedback and make sure I caught yours if your partner has posted. If I somehow missed you, please either have your partner pm me that he/she has received, or pm me a link to where they said they'd received in the gallery. I tried to get them all, but it's hard to reconstruct when I haven't been around from the beginning.

Because this is such a large swap, a co-organizer should have been designated. Anyone know who that is? If they could help me keep this all straight, that would be great.

Thanks for your help and patience in trying to wrap this swap up.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
gossamer_gull
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2007 02:47:40 PM »

I feel a little egocentric saying it, but I really regret not photographing my crafts; I worked hard and would've liked feedback.

Well, even if you don't have pics, maybe you can tell us what you made... Wink

True. And I can supplement said description with "before" pictures:

I didn't use the blue canister or the jelly-bracelets, but I used everything else:

$1 jute bag
$1 coaster set
$1 belt (though I only used the buckle)
$1 journal
$1 miniature Spongebob playing cards (not pictured)
$1 plastic tool box
$1 file folders
$1 grey placemat
$1 textured cardboard box
$1 I.D. holder

Over the design on the jute bag, I painted a purple-black tree on a teal-purple-blue background, and glued large artificial leaves around the border.

I painted the coasters a deep metallic blue and decoupaged celestial-themed paper to them. I did the same to the coaster holder, and affixed the silver sun belt buckle to it. (This is probably my personal favorite of all the items I made.)

The fish on the journal got covered with card stock and a Spongebob playing card (not part of the actual deck).

Diagonally across the front of the plastic tool box, I painted a "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS" tape. I also glued a pair of miniature handcuffs to the front.

I filled the file folders with blank white sheets, then rubber-stamped "CONFIDENTIAL" across the cover of each. (Listy has an interest in crime tv and forensics.)

The grey placemat became a (very simple) handbag, with matching coin purse. I braided leather cords into a strap and added skull beads to one end before attaching it. (Inside the coin purse was a "bonus" gift that had nothing to do with the dollar store: I'd seen a bicycle-chain bracelet on her wists, and since I happened to have that very object and intended to craft with rather than wear it, I just passed it along to Listy instead.)

After removing the nature-bits from the lid of the cardboard box, I painted mountains (in green) on it.

The I.D. holder I left as is, but slipped a mini cross-stitched anarchy sign (red, with black back-stitching) of my own design into the photo pocket. (She likes punk things.)

Then I piled everything into a huge box and sent it away....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2007 03:39:45 PM »

Thanks for the help, racky!  And hooray for the great new packages that have been received. 
gossamer_gull, you weren't kidding about sending in a huge box.  I'm trying to imagine how big that package must have been! 

"I scrunched myself further into the bag (and took off the black sweatshirt, because it camouflaged me!).  Look how far I could fit into this giganto bag!"

I <3 you Bigmouth-you're my kinda girl-and here I thought only I would try to fit myself in a big bag:)

BTW-I totally dig those Virgin Mary bags. I think I might try to recon 2 into a raincoat:)
That made me laugh.   I'm imagining us all buying giant Virgin Mary bags and sitting inside them to knit and watch bad TV.  And don't worry about buying two.  You can just head and arm holes and put it on.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2007 03:51:13 PM »

Hi rackycoo.  Thanks for stepping in on this, I know it must be a bit overwhelming.  I don't know if there was a co-organizer.  I didnt think there were actually that many people in this round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2007 04:06:39 PM »

Thanks Rackycoo!!

Gossamer_gull - your stuff sounds great. How creative of you. Hopefully Listy will get on here soon and show us the pictures.

Hi rackycoo.  Thanks for stepping in on this, I know it must be a bit overwhelming.  I don't know if there was a co-organizer.  I didnt think there were actually that many people in this round.

I just looked at the original thread and there were actually 39 of us in this swap!! Who knew the dollar store would attract so much crafty attention!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007 04:13:27 PM by charliebrown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Star217
« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2007 05:43:45 PM »

Here's the great stuff Bigmouth sent me.

First a pouch made of tape measures, I've already put it to work holding all my receipts for reimbursement

A reconned virgin mary nightlight, she's keeping watch over my puppy at night

And lastly the once giant, now simply large reconned bag.

Thanks again for all the great stuff, you were an awesome swap partner. Wink
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011 02:06:54 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unable to leave good enough alone!
My Store
http://stickyfingers.etsy.com

My Blog
http://stickyfingerscrafts.blogspot.com
Luckie_Strike
Lemony fresh victory is mine!

I met Mike Lamb!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2007 05:55:34 PM »

Thanks Racky! I do hope Listy's all right though...  Undecided
Everything I've seen has been awesome!  I love the measuring tape bag that Star217 just posted, the sock creatures...pretty much everything!  Millik sent today, so I'll be posting in a few days (hope the PO isn't slow!  Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm due for a miracle, I'm waiting for a sign
 and I'll stare straight into the sun and I won't close my eyes 'til I understand or go blind." Thrice
lexbean
« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2007 06:41:59 PM »

Just one picky thing though, you're wearing the gauntlet on the wrong hand, unless you just prefer the regular ribbing. But the fact that you're wearing them is much more important. Huzzah!

so funny! i've worn them both ways and couldn't decide which was right. i don't understand how they even fit both ways but they do. anyhow, it's freezing in baltimore, but not in MY sleeves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cute_anarchy
« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2007 06:55:13 PM »

Thanks for hopping in Racky! 

Star 217, your tape measure clutch is awesome!  And millik, I adore your sock monster!  Gossamer_gull, the coasters sound very cool, and the 'police line' idea is great.  I really do hope that Listy is okay. 

And I am totally keeping an eye out for those bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
bekahzzz

www.sew-knit.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2007 09:50:29 AM »

Well, my partner is MIA....she received my package and then wanted to wait to open mine until she sent hers. I guess as an incentive. So she said she sent on Monday, and I haven't heard from her since then!

I'm just curious if she liked what I sent and also if she's going to post pictures. I took some and would go ahead post them, unfortunately I'm having some trouble locating my camera cord.....the one downfall to digital cameras!!!

Anywho....this round  looks great!! Everyone keep scoming up with good ideas and creations that look like much more than dollar stuff merchandise!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sew-knit.blogspot.com

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/bekahzzz

I'm interested in personal swaps!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To: Create Classic Waves With Pin Curls
How to Get Big Hair With Serge Normant
The Tricks to Growing Long, Beautiful Hair
Zac Posen Proves That Crimped Hair Can Be Glamorous at NYFW Fall 2013
How to Create the Blair Waldorf Hairstyle from "Gossip Girl"
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...