A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,400
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dollar Store Swap gallery (round 3)  (Read 20965 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2007 07:48:03 AM »

These packages are all so awesome!  Making me really excited to get mine (and to see if my partner likes mine! ~~She recieved, she just hasn't posted yet!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

retro-redux

spending way too much time on craftster since 2006

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2007 08:27:11 AM »

"I scrunched myself further into the bag (and took off the black sweatshirt, because it camouflaged me!).  Look how far I could fit into this giganto bag!"

I <3 you Bigmouth-you're my kinda girl-and here I thought only I would try to fit myself in a big bag:)

BTW-I totally dig those Virgin Mary bags. I think I might try to recon 2 into a raincoat:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

come be my craftster friend on my blog: http://www.myspace.com/retroredux

I succumbed to the Wist Darkside-here ya go:
http://www.wists.com/retro-redux

Break the chain: Spay or Neuter your pets
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2007 08:29:12 AM »

My partner is amazingly talented at making stuffed animals and things. This was incredibly lucky for me, since I am quite fond of creatures of all sorts  Smiley

Here are a few of the incredibly awesome things that Luckie_Strike sent to me! The package arrived on Friday, after I had had kind of a long day and everything in it made me smile.

First, there was this squishy, comfy pyramid pillow from my wists (made from 3 multi-colored camisoles). The cats and I enjoy this item equally:

Then, I was totally amazed to find a really incredible sock monster (made from socks, of course). I have always wanted a sock monster. Smiley The cats tried to attack his pom poms at first, but he bites back, so they learned their lesson quickly. He now lives his life without torment on the back of our couch:

Next up in the box, and definitely my favorite (Shhh! Don't tell the monster!) is a stuffed replica of a girl pirate feto from my wists. She is about 5 or six inches tall and was soft sculpted with a pair of nylons and then covered with some underwear for her skin, and topped off with a felt hat. Her felt cutlass is painted shiny. Oh man, does she rule.

Here she is holding a single cat hair in her right partially formed hand. She insisted it was "booty" and intends to keep it under her hat.

A couple of other random impulse buys were included... two packages of cat toys, which my cats quickly attacked and hid around the house. (I couldn't find my camera quick enough, so no action shots). And this really crazy stuffed animal that is supposed to be for your pet bird to cuddle. I don't have a pet bird, she just sent it because it was too bizarre ... it's a 'can of worms' and... well, I'm going to have to post a picture of it later because it is too weird for words.

Thank you so much Luckie_Strike! You rock  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2007 11:36:58 AM »

Has anyone heard from Listener15? Seems she hasn't been on the boards for awhile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpookShowBaby
She's a Killer, She's a Thriller

Milk Sucks! Got Margaritas?

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2007 11:50:43 AM »

Does anyone here know Listy outside of Craftster? According to the DC#, my swap package was delivered to her on the 10th. But I haven't heard from her, and I see she hasn't been on Craftster since that date.

I hope nothing's gone wrong....

I was just wondering if you have received OR heard from Listy yet?...She's still not been on since the 10th....I hope I'm not out of line by saying that if you haven't heard or received from her, maybe it's time we notified a Mod...it's been two weeks since we've heard anything from her at all... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't believe in ghosts, bigfoot, or flaking on your swap partner!

http://www.wists.com/SpookShowBaby
Avian Flight
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2007 12:22:20 PM »

Hopefully she's okay but I haven't received any feedback yet and I'm totally done with the swap.

That sock monster is SO COOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2007 12:48:44 PM »

Glad to know I am not the only one concerned. I do hope Listener15 is ok, but I am going to contact a Mod and see if they can get us feedback. I will let you know what I find out.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007 12:52:29 PM by charliebrown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gossamer_gull
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2007 01:40:38 PM »

I was just wondering if you have received OR heard from Listy yet?...She's still not been on since the 10th....I hope I'm not out of line by saying that if you haven't heard or received from her, maybe it's time we notified a Mod...it's been two weeks since we've heard anything from her at all... Undecided

Glad to know I am not the only one concerned. I do hope Listener15 is ok, but I am going to contact a Mod and see if they can get us feedback. I will let you know what I find out.

No, I haven't heard anything from or about Listy. I, too, hope she's okay.

When I first posted my concerns, another swapper PMed me that she'd already contacted a Mod. Still, it's probably a good idea to keep the Mod(s) up-to-date.

I feel a little egocentric saying it, but I really regret not photographing my crafts; I worked hard and would've liked feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Topstitchgirl

Canuck Craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2007 02:05:41 PM »

I have to say I'm impressed with everthing I've seen so far but my favorite crafts are the sock creatures, especially that sock squid. And I'm really digging that Chick pirate! Next time I do this I'll really work my imagination to try come up with such cool stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shop www.ariadneknits.co m!

My blog: www.topstitchgirl.b logspot.com

"My head's on straight but my heart's a little banged up"
-Peter Mackay
SpookShowBaby
She's a Killer, She's a Thriller

Milk Sucks! Got Margaritas?

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2007 02:08:06 PM »

I feel a little egocentric saying it, but I really regret not photographing my crafts; I worked hard and would've liked feedback.

Well, even if you don't have pics, maybe you can tell us what you made... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't believe in ghosts, bigfoot, or flaking on your swap partner!

http://www.wists.com/SpookShowBaby
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
6 Beauty Products That Last from Morning to Night
Drink Lemon Water and Honey for Beautiful Glowing Skin
Word of the Day
Everyday Glam: Makeup Basics
Everyday Glam: Get a Sunkissed Look
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...