A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dollar Store Swap gallery (round 3)  (Read 22929 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2007 10:09:45 AM »

What a fantastic package!  I can't believe that was made of $10 worth of dollar store crap!   Cheesy

I also got a fantastic package from Star217 yesterday.  I'm so delighted with it.  I hope you don't mind that I took lots of pictures!

First up:  a pretty crochet scarf.  Gray with fuzzy lavendar edging.  On the very day I was thinking about how I wanted a smaller scarf than the one I already had.  I like this one a lot, and I keep wearing it (I'm still doing it now, as a matter of fact).
Don't I look intimidating with my fuzzy scarf and my furled brow?

Next, a purse made from [placemats? tablecloths?] and a drapery tassel.  Neat design!

And filled with yummies.

Take note of the lining, because you'll see it again.

A couple fantastic non-crafted items (I LOVE Operation!):

A jar decoupaged and polyclayed with vintage food images!  I LOVE THIS!

See how the placemats match the inside of my purse?  Smiley
I PM'd Star217 last night and asked whether she made or purchased the ham.  In the light of day, I can see it's handmade.  I am completely amazed by it.  Take a closer look, will ya?

Is that not amazing?  My partner has some serious talent.  I love, love, love this jar, and it will have a very special place in my kitchen.

Thank you, Star217!   This is a great package, and I'm so excited that it's all mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2007 11:11:25 AM »

Another great swap package.  Wow, EVERYONE has done such a great job on this swap.  I found this one very challenging and I think it totally stretches our creativity.  Don't you think so?  I am so impressed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Drea4545

Nothing is so simple that it can't be screwed up

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2007 02:34:54 PM »

Wow!  I'm amazed!  I love those stuffies  Grin.  And that clay food.... that must have taken forever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2007 03:55:00 PM »

Wow!  Those are some great packages!  I love this swap to get creative with things. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gwydion
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2007 08:05:18 PM »

This was amazingly fun.  I had a fabulous time playing around at the dollar store... and I'm SO glad my partner liked it!  I don't have "before" pics, so here's what I used:

I think I used about $9 of Dollar Tree stuff, plus the coasters and the Chinese balls.  The lizards are of uncertain vintage, but probably dollar store.

Bag: (1) table runner and (1) weird chenille thing (I took it apart and used the yarn for the strap).  The lining fabric is one of my favorites--it's a batik print of stylized Mexican-looking flowers and birds.

Cigar box from stash plus (1) mirror.  The decoupage is the tissue used to wrap the mirror.  The weird print on the inside is "notes" from my last semester of law school...so much for higher education...and for corporate taxation, yuck. 

Brown & cream jewelry: (1) multi-pack of beaded hair elastics.  Jump rings, findings and itty-bitty cross from stash. 

Black earrings: (1) pair of (supposedly) real gold earrings, plus beads from stash.

Journal: (1) small bound book.  Took it apart, painted with acrylics and added extra paper.

Grogan the Goat: (1) ball of Paton's Voodoo plus brown yarn and buttons from stash. 

Pirate Lizard: (2) pairs girl's socks in a skull & crossbones/camouflage print, plus yarn and findings from stash.  This was the item that made my husband decide I'd finally lost it--his stepdad's a shrink, and I overheard them earnestly discussing compulsive crafting of weird things.  =D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007 08:12:53 PM by Gwydion » THIS ROCKS   Logged
retro-redux

spending way too much time on craftster since 2006

« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2007 09:15:11 PM »

two more fantastic swap packages. I think the way we have to use dollar store stuff really stretches our creativity:) I would have been happy to receive any of the items shown so far:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

come be my craftster friend on my blog: http://www.myspace.com/retroredux

I succumbed to the Wist Darkside-here ya go:
http://www.wists.com/retro-redux

Break the chain: Spay or Neuter your pets
lexbean
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2007 09:51:40 PM »

i'm uber-late posting this, but here are the pix of my great package from topstitch girl. i really love everything. now i've owned fingerless gloves before, but these are so cool. check out the red hotness! they climb up my arm and keep me so much warmer. i'm wearing them all the time. can't take them off. seriously.  plus, a cute squishy red heart. p.s. red is my favorite color. yum.

holy crap she rox. this is a grey shirt with the word vegetarian in chinese embroidered on it. i have no words for the coolness. who can tell this is a dollar store swap?

in a valentine's tin i found my little jewelled treasures. a bracelet,

and a really great necklace, that this photo doesn't do justice to.

thx so much topstitch. i'd love to do a personal swap with you anytime!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011 02:07:24 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2007 06:16:46 AM »

I love that shirt! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
Topstitchgirl

Canuck Craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2007 06:18:21 AM »

So glad you like the stuff. That T-shirt was the first first item I wanted to make but the last thing to be done. I almost gave up until I found the shirt while Christmas shopping. I started it just after the first deadline went by. Just one picky thing though, you're wearing the gauntlet on the wrong hand, unless you just prefer the regular ribbing. But the fact that you're wearing them is much more important. Huzzah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shop www.ariadneknits.com!

My blog: www.topstitchgirl.blogspot.com

"My head's on straight but my heart's a little banged up"
-Peter Mackay
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2007 09:52:07 AM »

Ohmygosh... all of this stuff is so amazing! I adore that pirate lizard--what a cutie!

This weekend, I received an incredible package from Luckie_Strike! I have not been able to find my camera though in my messy house, so I don't have pictures... yet. She made some pretty incredible stuffies for me and I can't wait to show them off, so I'll see if I can find my camera tonight! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Omar Tyree
Meet Author Paul Byrd
The Pop-Up Yellow Square Book Trailer
21 Nights Book Trailer Short Version
Andrew Clements Talks About Nora Rowley Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...