A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dollar Store Swap gallery (round 3)  (Read 23423 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cute_anarchy
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2007 03:13:37 PM »

charliebrown, those bags are awesome!  did you have a pattern for the takeout box?  maybe I should just get some chinese for dinner sometime soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
Gwydion
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2007 03:47:04 PM »

I like the bamboo placemat bag!  Saw a couple of similar placemats at my store and thought they had lots of potential, but I couldn't think of anything to do with them.  I"ll have to go back and see if they've still got some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2007 04:02:59 PM »

Bamboo placemats would probably work as well, but what I used were actually sushi rolling mats. I've always been slightly obsessed by the rolling mats - I love the way that they roll up, and the way that they're assembled. So simple, and so eminently functional. The fact that they can also help one make delicious california rolls is a big plus as well. I think that a bag like that would work better with the rolling mats, because you can remove sections of the bamboo (is it actually bamboo? I don't know) for the handle, and then retie the strings so it won't all fall apart.

As for the noodlebox bag, it's been on my wists for ages, but the website with instructions for making it can be found here:
http://www.oddrocket.com/diychinesepurse.html

Though don't go making too many.... I like thinking that I'm the only person that has one!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
foxswish
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2007 07:31:56 PM »

I got my package from Malina on Wednesday or Thursday however I did not have my camera until today so here are pictures of the lovely items! Cheesy

Everything!

Beautiful box with Japanese lolita pictures covering the entire box. So cute! Inside were some anime cards

Inside the takeout box were adorable hair pins, ballies and the bracelet and earrings that are pictured below

Deer headband and cherry blossom lights! love the lights and they look really cute in my green room!

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sayonara
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2007 07:35:13 PM »

Is that yellow pen about a foot long?  Because I bought a giganto pen at a dollar store and completely ruined it (so I didn't burden my partner with it).  It was too hilarious not to try, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
foxswish
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2007 08:05:56 PM »

Ya it is! It's crazy big and I can't wait to use it in a place such as the bank and see how many odd stares I get! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sayonara
Gishygoo
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2007 10:36:19 PM »

I received from smashergrl, but I will have to post pics tomorrow.  She did an AMAZING job and I am so spoiled!  I absolutely love everything . . . more later.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out: www.gishygoo.blogspot.com
Everything is so wistical! www.wists.com/gishygoo
charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2007 12:05:46 AM »

As for the noodlebox bag, it's been on my wists for ages, but the website with instructions for making it can be found here:
http://www.oddrocket.com/diychinesepurse.html

Though don't go making too many.... I like thinking that I'm the only person that has one!  Tongue

I got a take out box from the deli at my local grocery store to use as a template. Than I used the instructions Kitten Wrangler listed for inspiration, especially for how to cut out the fabric. The instructions tell you to glue the fabric pieces together, but I cut out the fabric, lining and stablizer, layered the pieces together, sewed them and turned it right side out. Turning was actually the hardest part. Than I did a lot of hand sewing to get the box into the right shape. It was alot easier than I thought. And don't tell Kitten Wrangler, but I will definitely be making more of them.

I love other peoples wists because it gives me ideas to try things I normally wouldn't.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2007 12:16:44 AM »

And don't tell Kitten Wrangler, but I will definitely be making more of them.

Hmmm.... I suppose if they stay on your side of the Pacific, it will be fine. *joke*

**edited... I swear I DO know my geography.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007 01:07:23 AM by Kitten Wrangler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2007 09:47:19 AM »

Ok, get ready for lots of pictures and to be soo jealous.  I asked that my partner be creative and surprise me and like I said before she was a master at both.  I can tell by the quality of work that she put a lot of work into this package and I can also tell that she did some research because she fit my tastes so well.  I love this package so much. 
Here is a sneak preview of everything the was it was yesterday as I was carrying it around to show EVERYONE, that is why I could not take pictures yesterday

Everything was wrapped beautifully and I wanted to take pictures but my son was driving me and I just could not wait to get home from the post office to open it,  (bad impulse control) Anyway, here is the beautiful maroon messenger type bag

The lining and check out the really cool lizzard zipper pull

I did not have a bag this color yet and I love this color, I am so excited to use it

Next is the coolest little journal    look, it has a goat running with scissors (I collect goats)
the lining matches the bag and has the "run with scissors and other cautionary tales" posted
it is a mixed paper journal and look, some pages have goats

Here is a beautiful decopauged box with a mirror glued on top

the top inside lid   the lining is black slick material and it was full of other treasures including some plastic lizzards

also in the box, some really nice glass coasters and some Chinese excersize balls
Two pair of earings and a necklace

And the greatness goes on, Introducing Grogan the Goat
  He is so Cool
And now, the PIrate Lizzard

He has so much detail on him, he has piercings and an arm band and all kinds of jewelry, and the ped leg and fingers and a really cool tail, and he is awsome.

Wow is that a lot of stuff and I love it all.  Thank you Amanda it is all so great!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Dreadlocks
How to Make an Avocado Mask for Dry Hair
How to Make a Quick Homemade Hair Mask
How to Get More Body for Your Hair
How to Get Knots Out of Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...